TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '01 xcab taco with a 3.5" fabtech coilovers, AAL's in rear and a 3" body lift. Is there any way I can go bigger without scrapping what I already have? Help is appreciated.

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
You can add some 3 inch spacers on top of those fabtechs. That should give you 6.5" of suspension lift.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
you could get a whole new leaf pack, orrr some blocks. but i wouldnt suggest the blocks, and i dont think anyone on here would.:2cents:

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is about as big as you can go with that set up you got.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have an '01 xcab taco with a 3.5" fabtech coilovers, AAL's in rear and a 3" body lift. Is there any way I can go bigger without scrapping what I already have? Help is appreciated.
First. You're going to get alot of BS and flaming. Second, search. There's tons of things already on the board about this.

But to answer. Try a Tough Country 5" lift, you can use the coilovers with the spacers and add more lift, but this is a drop bracket lift and isn't cheap (and is really the only way you adding more lift without F'ing up your front CV axles which are really only good for 3" of lift on manual hubs or about 2.5" on automatic hubs). For the rear, blocks really suck: axle wrap, trashes your springs, etc. But you have a few other options: custom leaves (wont reuse what you have), or a shackle for more rear lift.

And please, search to avoid bringing out the forum "gods" that want to flame and not answer questions. There's a wealth of info already in threads on the board. Just to forewarn you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would just get new leafs for the rear. Blocks are a bad idea. I've seen them pop out and mess alot of sh!t up. A good production shop can make up some new leafs real easy.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
You can add some 3 inch spacers on top of those fabtechs. That should give you 6.5" of suspension lift.
I'd go at least 4" and make sure they are chrome.
for the rear, a pair of 8" chrome blocks will be just right. ;)

oh, and add a 2nd 3" bl to the pkg.
should be able to run 40s with no problem, even with 3.58 gears and a 2.7 AT.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'd go at least 4" and make sure they are chrome.
for the rear, a pair of 8" chrome blocks will be just right. ;)

oh, and add a 2nd 3" bl to the pkg.
should be able to run 40s with no problem, even with 3.58 gears and a 2.7 AT.
lol ouchhh :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts