TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 2.7L taco
Its 4x4 but not TRD
Can I add the lockers that would have come with the TRD package?
Is it worth it?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Your axle is different because you have the 8.4" gears. The TRD locker axles have 8" gears and the housing for the locker mounts differently to the axle.

It is possible to install a TRD locker on your axle, but you have to do some welding and make some modifications to the housing. Not a very easy task.

A better option would be to install an ARB locker if you want something selectable. If you dont mind a full-time locker, the Lock-Right or No-Slip are decent lockers. I'm running a No-Slip in my truck.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I said friends with not be in love with. Don't be dragging this down to your level of perversion, you pervert.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If you're gonna humor the noobs do it up proper and don't forget that Shannon has that killer deal on rear locker axles going on right now.

·
Registered
597 Posts
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66013

Sell your old axle and replace it with this.

EDIT: Check your gearing up front first, so you know what you are up against as far as cost. But this is a killer deal, and I believe Shannon only has about 30 or so of these axles at that price.

·
Registered
779 Posts
hate CA that much, eh? yeah 950 aint bad AT ALL for a complete axle

·
Registered
779 Posts
IHHHO in his honest and humble opinion :D better?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
I said friends with not be in love with. Don't be dragging this down to your level of perversion, you pervert.
He's too young...most likely still a prevert.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
I have a 99 2.7L taco
Its 4x4 but not TRD
Can I add the lockers that would have come with the TRD package?
Is it worth it?
You won't find a better deal on a new selectable locker, and a factory one to boot. This is the axle that they put in the TRD package trucks...

These axles are direct bolt up. The ARB locker will cost you more in the long run by the time you purchase the locker, air source and pay for installation.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
You won't find a better deal on a new selectable locker, and a factory one to boot. This is the axle that they put in the TRD package trucks...

These axles are direct bolt up. The ARB locker will cost you more in the long run by the time you purchase the locker, air source and pay for installation.
fer sure...and it ain't some used one of gwad knows who's rig ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
hate CA that much, eh?
Yah, beautiful country, some good people, but would rather live in a state that tries to give me more freedom than take mine away. Its really unfortunate cause there is some awesome places to explore here in california. But to each his own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts