TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the FT 3.5" coilovers and i was wondering if i could use the 3" spacers with it to give it 6.5" of lift? yes or no?

·
Registered
168 Posts
TexasTRD said:
I just installed the FT 3.5" coilovers and i was wondering if i could use the 3" spacers with it to give it 6.5" of lift? yes or no?
No, that is not possible.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Why couldn't he. I would say no if your going to try to get 6.5" out of your taco without dropping everything down to align the tires back up but if your putting it on a lift like a t/m lift or something like that I see nothing wrong. I planning on buying some soon they will have a 7" spacer on top of them. But its going on a t/m lift.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Unless he's putting a drop bracket on it, basically a new front crossmember to correct the stock specs, no. The stock suspension can't even flex that much. Your cv angles wouldn't even work, the balljoints and tre's would be trashed and it would ride like a piece of shit. So no.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Live4yotas said:
Why couldn't he. I would say no if your going to try to get 6.5" out of your taco without dropping everything down to align the tires back up but if your putting it on a lift like a t/m lift or something like that I see nothing wrong. I planning on buying some soon they will have a 7" spacer on top of them. But its going on a t/m lift.
That is a completely different scenerio.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeah It will never work on stock suspension. You will not be able to align your tires. Plus I dont think you could push the arms down far enough to get that in there. Plus like has been said before it will ride like sure enough shit. Put the 3.5" on there and put on a 3" body lift. Thats good enough to run a skinny 35" tall tire. If your looking for height save up some money and get a suspension lift. The 6" trailmaster kit is a good kit I have had mine for about three and a half years. But I like the design of the fabtech much better.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not 3" but I know one truck on this site that runs a Fabtech 3.5 and a 1" topload spacer, without breaking CV's it gets wheeled harder than most other Tacomas in the DFW chapter. It also runs manual hubs. The set-up has been run for about a year. The truck additionally has a 3" B/L and runs 35"s.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts