TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last minute Im debating wheelin my truck at Tellico. Im lifted, have front and rear bumpers if I put the rear one on and at least have a decent set of ATs.

1. I need sliders to do or I know Ill tear my body off.
2. My clutch is going to be friend soon anyways so screw it.
3. And I pretty sure I can borrow tires from someone who isnt wheeling.

Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
So last minute Im debating wheelin my truck at Tellico. Im lifted, have front and rear bumpers if I put the rear one on and at least have a decent set of ATs.

you can borrow mine if you do decide to wheel. they are kinda bald but they should work.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Just do it. A few years ago I ran 4, 5, 6, and most of 8 in my 1997 4runner limited on 285's with no armor at all, no sliders, stock skids, etc. The only damage i got was a dent in my gas tank skid.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gotcha. Well I have this knack for A backing into things and B slamming into anything which is why I rock a ARB.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I gotcha. Well I have this knack for A backing into things and B slamming into anything which is why I rock a ARB.
Nothing wrong with that, I think you will do fine, the only thing that will hurt you is your breakover angle as your wheelbase is pretty long.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I am aware.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Few tight spots on 5? make sure you get a spot if your not sure...BTW thats Woody from mud spotting. I prefer to follow a similar set up truck so I can see what lines work.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a really good idea of following a simliar truck to see what works. I thought of seeing what another did but never thought of similiar truck thing. Man Im dumb!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can drive. Ive been wheelin for a long time. Not crawling for along time but been pretty good at picking lines for other people to help get up hills and what not.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Matt D, you are speaking of the Destination MTs right? Or wait you have other tires you can let me borrow? I was just wanting to have another set of rims and tires I can swap so I dont have to pay tire swapping fees at a shop.

So sliders... Who has a cheap ass set they want to sell me or knows someone who does. I dont really care what they look like I was going for the simple kind. Or Marshall would you let me use your tube bender and welder?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts