TTORA Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, from my last post I went on describing about how I got stuck and what not in the mud but since then, I noticed something pretty strange. I had gotten stuck in the mud for about 3 - 4 hours before getting towed out, but while my truck was in the mud, I had a few splatter spots of mud on my hood. When I got home, I washed it all off and cleaned the truck thoroughly but today, I saw some foggy/dull spots from where the mud was. It feels kinda rough and looks like the mud ate through the clear coat...Any suggestions on fixing this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Know this is old but came across this post. I was on a back road today and had to turn around and my front in slid down into the ditch. Well I have an AT4 and I figured hey its made for it right? So I continued forward instead of backing up and went to wash my truck shortly after and needless to say when you look at the picture I am furious. I've tried several things and I honestly think this damn mud ate through the clear.

Attachments

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,461 Posts
Likely there was highly alkaline materials in the mud that caused the clear coat to dull. The fix is to compound the area to remove the material that etched the clear coat and bring back the shine. Go over that with gloss/shine coat to bring back the wet look, then protect it with a coat or 2 of wax.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts