TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really curios as i want to make a off road trophy truck style car but i might want to make it low again as i am very indecisive, could all the suspension for long travel as the wheel tuck into the wheel arches can you make it low by lowering springs or another way? and can go from track car to off roading? Never seen or anyone asked this question so hopefully you guys can help?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,565 Posts
Depends on the model, but assuming IFS, you could go spring under for the rear, but the front is an entirely different challenge because ride height affects the coilover shaft position and the rest of the IFS geometry. No real way to low the front without complete custom fabrication.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what kind of car? is it 4wd? the only thing I can think of not knowing any specifics,
Is by using airbags. you can raise and lower vehicle with airbags. but if I was you, I'd just buy a 4wd tacoma and build it up and keep your car for when you want a low ride.
it sounds like way too much work and fabrication, But to each his own, If you have the time, skills and money, anything is possible.
If you do it, I hope you post pics so we can see it too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts