TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04' Tacoma Xtra cab 4x4 and everyone keeps telling me that I cannot exceed 2" of lift because if will cause major vibration at highway speeds, unless I convert to manual hubs. Is this true? and if so is there any way to get around it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Assuming youre talking about a spacer or coilover lift, you should be able to go up to 3" without vibration problems, some will recommend a "diff drop" kit, and I have one on my truck although I have noticed no difference with or without it. I have 3" of lift on my 02 ducab and have no vibration trouble...
Good Luck, and Have fun

Doug

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's because it will put your CV joints at a bad angle and cause them to wear and fail prematurely. You should definatly do a search on this one i think there is lots of info on here, there is a way to get around it with a diff drop bracket or diff drop spacers which lowers your front differential and corrects the angles of your cv shafts. I recommend going to this site and reading this page to give you a general understanding then after that continue to learn by reading through past post and using the search function to research the lift you decide is best for you.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Tacoma418 said:
I have an 04' Tacoma Xtra cab 4x4 and everyone keeps telling me that I cannot exceed 2" of lift because if will cause major vibration at highway speeds, unless I convert to manual hubs. Is this true? and if so is there any way to get around it.
Thanks
People have gone 3" without any problems. If you have vibrations, then you'll need to check your driveshaft, carrier bearing, and/or alignment. (you'll want to get a re-alignment after the lift anyways...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Tacoma418 said:
Thanks
i have 3" toytec spacers in the front...and i put in the diff drop... i dont know if that helped or not..but since it's cheap...i don't see why not to try it out..my friend and i didnt' finnish the rear...so i'm about 1 or 1.5" higher in the front..but i haven't felt any vibration on my tacoma..

it's a 04 v6 extra cab..5spd..hope that helps a little...

where do you live in charlotte? i live in the south part..like around ballentyne

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the 3.5" Fabtech Coil over kit, and the 1" Diff drop spacer, i have no vibration, or anything, you should be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts