TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember a while ago some one fabbed up a cantelever shock set up for the rear suspension on a tacoma.did a search and couldn't find a pic? can some one post up some pics of that set up.thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the one.i wish i had the money to buy it when he was selling on of them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A buddy and I are working on a cantilever setup right now actually. I will try to see if I can get some pics of the parts next time I am home. Install will hopefully be soon and I will put some pics up. Same basic design as blownyota's

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell yea, we need to test it out at barstow some time.i'll be down to go.i should have my new front bumper this weekend.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like a plan Joe. I am working some crazy overtime the next few days, but I am hoping to get the rear done soon. I am defenatly down to go out and play.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got done pulling my rear fenders.i only pulled them about an inch and a half, but it looks good.but it was a pain in the butt by myself.ill post up some pics when i get my camera back

·
Registered
618 Posts
What will you be using for your pivot material? I used the largest delrin bushing I could find and i'm not sure it was the best choice.

Is anyone still interested in purchasing a set-up like this? I would eventually like to make another one with different rockers and bearing rocker pivots.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would be interested in buying a set up like that,as long as it insn't insane expensive

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well I like this a lot. I would like to keep my bed space and get some decent travel. so this is PERFECT for me.

On a serious note Dr. Evil, how much would you be charging?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but even if you do wish to keep your bed space, you max load (lb) will still be limited by the the leaf pack that you choose. Food for thought.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It costs more than its worth. Materials alone cost $900 not including shocks. Depending on what type of construction you choose the price will range from $1800 to $2700. The setup requires alot of maintnance and is not something that can be done in one or two days. I am not planning on making a production run, or trying to get rich off of this. I enjoy the fabrication and designing aspect, and would be willing to build one if the right situation arises.
This system is not for everyone, some people think its cool becuase its different, some people think it lame becuase there are many drawbacks. But if you don't want any holes in your bed, this is really the only way to get over 14" of travel.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Then its perfect for me. =]

I would go straight for a fully caged bed. But I do haul a lot of stuff. So that would be inefficient in a hauling sense. So I believe this would be good. When I get my Taco back from the shop, i'll be sure to see if you are up to it. If you are, then i'll be glad to pay 3k for it. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts