TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carnage Canyon/Boulder 8/17

What an awesome day. Couldn't ask for better weather. Was nice to meet all who went and I gotta say, Una you kill it in that FJ:xrocker: I got some great pics of you on Gardian Rock but I have no computer to post them. I will have Jayma take the camera to her work and email the pics to me and I will post some off my phone!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I missed this? Man im itching to run this again in a bad way. Maybe i will trailer the truck down.

·
20,355 Posts
Nate, Doug, Athena, Mike, and a few others went and ran this after Coney flats/MSV. Had a great time out on the trail.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What time were you guys up there. I think we got off the trail close to 5pm. Oh BTW all the fire trucks and rescue people that hauled ass up the raod were all parked on the turnoff where my truck and trailer were.....guess someone came around a corner to fast and ran off the road. No body was hurt and the cops moved outa the way so I could load the rig up!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
im glad i got to run this, i had a great time, when we were moving ;)

proud to say i got a lil carnage rock rash, my first since moving here to CO!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Nice to see you guys!....Briefly....

Sorry, when we got to the trail I was almost sure we got there way after you guys, due to the time... I saw nobody at the trail head, so I blasted up there, to catch up. Before I knew it, I was at the top, and I hadn't seen anybody. Tried calling Una, and using channel 7 on CB. No luck. Headed back down, hoping to meet you halfway or so, and run it again. Saw you guys toward the bottom, and by that point, we were close to the end of our alotted time slot for wheeling today. Good to see everybody, though! I'm really sorry if you guys waited for me! I guess I just sort of assumed that you were way ahead, and I needed to play catch up...

Opie, that's one badass rig. Looks WAY better in person. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to you again.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Opie, that's one badass rig. Looks WAY better in person. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to you again.
Thanks man. We will have to get together and hit the trails soon! Too bad you were early or maybe on time and we were late:dunno: We tried calling you when we where at the trailhead. Anyway, I hit the rocks right after the waterfall(ones to the left) and got to test the t-case skid plate and also polished the rear drive shaft pretty good:cool:

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Thanks Eric :)

We went to Boulder Carnage/Lefthand Canyon with a group of friends on 8/17/2008. There were 8 trucks from mostly stock Tacomas to completely built custom rigs and even one jeep ;) . The weather turned out great, however there were a ton of bees on trail (3 people bee stings and one bee eaten by dog...). Overall it was a really good day, no one got stuck too bad at any point, no one broke anything, just a little body damage, and a good time with great people. Some of the people even got to try out new modifications for the first time, and others of us realized what modifications we need to add LOL. For the most part at least one person tried every line on the trail, not successfully every time, but they were tried none the less. And a few of us (ok only 2 of us) did some really stupid stuff.... like getting tugged off a rock cuz we couldn't make it, only to realize our dog turned off our locker and we woulda made it fine otherwise.... or driving an obstacle with the parking brake on...Check out the pictures and enjoy!

~Una:beer:
FULL ALBUM HERE:
http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u321/unaschade/Wheeling/2008-8-17-Carnage/

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I dont need to have Jayma post any pics cause you pretty much have the same pics as me! The rock I got stuck on after the waterfall looks so small in the picture. And Chance was messin with you cause he wants to drive......hes tired of ridin shoty all the time:D

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
'tanks for representing Una ;) Nice selection of rigs!
i agree, it was a rockin group of rigs!

:rofl: Chance did that to you too? :rofl:
yes, LOL lil fawker! I didn't even realize it.

And Chance was messin with you cause he wants to drive......hes tired of ridin shoty all the time:D
TOTALLY! you have no idea. climbed into my lap a couple times on the way home.. scary on the highway LOL

Uh oh - did you kiss the tree?

negative! :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts