TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today, me and benson swiched out my front diff. ...needless to say after 8hrs of work, the new diff works fine but the 4wd is still a no go. anyways, when i was draining the old fluid there were nice chuncks of metal and metal shavings all over the place. it turns out it was the spyder gear that was completley destoryed and was cracked in half with a bunch of teeth missing. so heres the pics.

some pieces of missing teeth an the bottom of the housing

pics of the spyder gears

and some more teeth missing:

as far as the 4wd still not working, im going to change out the cvs, if that doesnt work maybe the chain in the tcase snapped when the gears broke so ill check that out. maybe i just need a new actuator?

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
you should put it on your mantle or on a coffee table as a conversational piece, car parts make great furniture assets

·
Registered
425 Posts
So that explains why your front was locked.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tanKoma said:
you should put it on your mantle or on a coffee table as a conversational piece, car parts make great furniture assets

LOL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
greg, you can vaccum test the actuator assembly with one of those kits from autozone(inexpensive) to see if its working correctly. i'm not sure how the cv's would change anything, they should turn if the diff is engaged. i've got a haynes manual that shows how to check the actuator. can you "hear" anything when you engage the t/case?
-daniel

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04tacodrvr said:
greg, you can vaccum test the actuator assembly with one of those kits from autozone(inexpensive) to see if its working correctly. i'm not sure how the cv's would change anything, they should turn if the diff is engaged. i've got a haynes manual that shows how to check the actuator. can you "hear" anything when you engage the t/case?
-daniel

yeah i have the hanes too, ill have to look at that. ill go see if i can hear anything.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i put it in 4wd i can hear a single "click" and it "clicks" again when i put the tcase in different gears.

·
Registered
410 Posts
tanKoma said:
Trust me it works great, my pops has a piece of a driveshart sitting on his desk at work, turned him into the coolest guy in the office by the end of the day.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Greg,
I'll vote for carnage of the month, as well as worlds worst photographer...did you draw those on an Etch-A-Sketch, or are they actually photos....jeez..hahahah.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wiskey_33 said:
Greg,
I'll vote for carnage of the month, as well as worlds worst photographer...did you draw those on an Etch-A-Sketch, or are they actually photos....jeez..hahahah.
I'd have to agree find this on your camera
(Macro) and turn it on for close-up pictures. if you dont have it get a new camera (or you can get a new lens)

you can also try a magnifying glass

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mtxe said:
I'd have to agree find this on your camera
(Macro) and turn it on for close-up pictures.
oh daym, thats what that is for. my camera sucks and i really need a new one. i got it for free and no instruction book lol. :flipoff1:

LOL i wish i could do that on a etch e scetch!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
just shot back a PM. give me a call if you can. might be able to take a peak at your truck tomorrow.
-daniel

·
Registered
382 Posts
gregers05 said:
oh daym, thats what that is for. my camera sucks and i really need a new one. i got it for free and no instruction book lol. :flipoff1:

LOL i wish i could do that on a etch e scetch!
ya but if you use it make sure to be zoomed all the way out or the pic will be out of focus.

good to hear you'll be getting 4WD back (hopefully I'll have it by April)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04tacodrvr said:
just shot back a PM. give me a call if you can. might be able to take a peak at your truck tomorrow.
-daniel

ill give you a call after i get off work tomarro around 5

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
10-4
-daniel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts