TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a fairly large sub box to put behind the driver's seat of my 2004 X-cab. I want to cover the box in carpet that looks similar to my oak interior. Where do you go to get matching carpet? Car stereo place? Home Depot?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try Upholstery places or Upholstery suppliers. Most should have everything from trunkliner to leathers to suedes etc...

C

·
Registered
12 Posts
The carpet is the same stuff as the carpet in car trunk so you can get it at an auto body store; or you can try E-bay, but most sell it in bulk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
car stereo stores will sell their stock for about $10/yard. make sure it doesn't have the hard backing (hard to stretch when applying). buy some 3m spray adhesive to glue to the box.

good luck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I recently built a box and looked all over town (small town) for carpet. The best stuff I found was at Wal-Mart. They had grey and brown, the grey is a little dark but still looks really good and a good size roll of the stuff was around $7. No backing, strong but a little strechy. I used 3M spray glue. Good Luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
absolut taco said:
I'm building a fairly large sub box to put behind the driver's seat of my 2004 X-cab. I want to cover the box in carpet that looks similar to my oak interior. Where do you go to get matching carpet? Car stereo place? Home Depot?

Thanks
I just carpeted a box for my extracab. I bought the carpet from Crutchfield and think it matches pretty well. You can see it here: http://webpages.charter.net/cappleton3/

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cappleton3 said:
I just carpeted a box for my extracab. I bought the carpet from Crutchfield and think it matches pretty well. You can see it here: http://webpages.charter.net/cappleton3/
Wow, that is exctly what I'm doing, except my box will only be 8" tall to not cover the rear speaker. What is holding it in place, other than the seat? Where is your amp? I think I'll put mine under the drivers seat.
Thanks for the picture!

·
Registered
81 Posts
absolut taco said:
Wow, that is exctly what I'm doing, except my box will only be 8" tall to not cover the rear speaker. What is holding it in place, other than the seat? Where is your amp? I think I'll put mine under the drivers seat.
Thanks for the picture!
Since that picture was taken, I have moved the box to the other side to take advantage of the car seat shelf. I plan on running a bolt through the bottom of the box and into the sheet metal below to make sure it stays put. The amp for the mid/hi is under the drivers seat. I have an Orion 1200D under the passenger seat for the sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts