TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been noticing alot of vibration from the shifter at around 55-65 and narrowed it down to some driveline vibes. just wanted to know from the guys that have lifted and lowered their carrier bearing for the driveshaft, as to how you did it and how far. should i get washers or make a spacer? also pics would be great. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just stacked about .5" of washers. As it turned out the U Joints were shot and the carrier bearing needed no work.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sochuck said:
I just stacked about .5" of washers. As it turned out the U Joints were shot and the carrier bearing needed no work.
ok thanks, hopefully its just my pinion angle and not my ujoints :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
ElBandito said:
ive been noticing alot of vibration from the shifter at around 55-65 and narrowed it down to some driveline vibes. just wanted to know from the guys that have lifted and lowered their carrier bearing for the driveshaft, as to how you did it and how far. should i get washers or make a spacer? also pics would be great. thanks
Since you have a CV in the middle and a standard U-joint at the pinion, you want the pinion to point directly at the carrier bearing. I used a couple pieces of DOM tubing for spacers and some grade 8 bolts because I like to overkill stuff sometimes. LOL!

You can get some shims for the spring pads too. Roger Brown can make steel shims at any angle you need.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was thinking of going that way too, but ever since i got the welder and other tools, i feel like making all my stuff myself now :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts