TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the badlands this last weekend for some light wheelin and hiking (I'll post pics later). We were traveling in a caravan of 6 Tacomas a Samurai and an Exploder. The weather was perfect and we had a great time, definately better than the poor travelers that emerged from the mud caves to find parking tickets on their 4x's. We pulled up just as the ranger was filling them out. I asked him what they were for and was told it was because they were parked more than 1 cars width away from road! It wasnt like they were in the brush or anything, it was a well traveled turnout, in fact its a spot most people park in when at these caves. Anyways, I thought I would give a heads up to anyone planning on offroading in this area. I checked the tickets and they were for $65!:eek:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
The fucking bull shit never seems to stop does it? What part of PARK don't they understand? LOL
Were there signs of any kind?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were there signs of any kind?
I didnt see any about parking. All I saw were no atv/motorcycle signs at the trailhead. The ranger was probably having a bad day.
Here are a few pics of the area.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah just as I suspected a desert wasteland.
Tell ya what, pay the fucking ticket but make some copies and send them along with these pics to the govenator and head of the parks department in Sacramento and don't forget to copy the asshat who wrote the ticket. I want him to sweat a little bit and have a really bad day for a valid reason. Ask why. Why there are no signs, why does it make a fucking difference in those pics and why you shouldn't stop and enjoy what the park has to offer. And last but not least why do they want to create a fucking traffic hazard and the illusion of crowding out in the middle of the friggin desert.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i hope they fight those tickets. i just helped a friend win a moving violation for traveling on a dirt road that ran parallel, about 30 ft away from the main road. the road well demarcated but i guess they just wanted to write some tickets that day.

either way, one trial by declaration later, the friend walked away without paying anything, while his other buddy paid $210, plus had to spend 1 day in traffic school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts