TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trail report was for a trip note posted or broadcast to the community. Myself and family along with my buddy and his wife and their brand new, week old jeep summit hit a 110 mile trail near Carson Valley.

The day started off great, first section was a little washboard but we are able to make good time. We fallowed a valley trail called Sunrise Road which snaked through the ridge to open ground. Here is the view after you come out of the mountains and down to fast fun roads.

We hit the flat lands and made our way to a mining operation. There was a lot of stuff there and it looks like it is still working but no one was there

After the mine stop we made a short trip to lunch stop. This was a chance for the little guy to get out and not be lashed down in the truck. So far he was a trooper and seemed to enjoy the truck being rattled all over the place.

After lunch we made our way to the Minnesota Mine. Several structure remains are still there and was fun to explore.

--------------------

After the Minnesota Mine we headed back towards home. The trail was great and then we hit the SLOW stuff. This was a crawler trail and was a real pain to cross. While I was suffering this was a good chance for my buddy to learn his car and approach angles. After this painful section we reach some good ground and went to the last mine. This was the Como Mine with lots of ruins spread over a big area.

Before heading home we had to re-arrange the gear and gave the little guy a chance to try out driver seat. Still a ways off from reaching the pedals HAHA

Made our way down the last bit of the Como trail which was rocky but not as bad as the other side of the trail. We made it off just as darkness was setting in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's northern nevada . (Little towns around reno)

Not much Ttora action from the northern nevada area . But when I recover from my foot surgery I'm gonna attempt to fix that . Lots of us use the forum - reno4x4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Not much Ttora action from the northern nevada area . But when I recover from my foot surgery I'm gonna attempt to fix that . Lots of us use the forum - reno4x4
I will keep posting to find the Northern CA / Nevada gang

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts

We've had NVTTORA forever, but yeah.......most of or pretty much all of our members have been down here. Last time I was Pres, we attempted to get a sub-section/forum for NorNV guys, but it didn't work out too well.
And now, especially that our current Pres let our domain name expire, we're going to change it, as we're Not paying ransom to keep it. So, if the NoNv guys want to participate, we can look at other options, if not, we're going with either SoNvTTORA or LVTTORA.

I will keep posting to find the Northern CA / Nevada gang

We have a few guys up in NorCal that hung out on our board for a while, trying to help me get more NorNv guys on board, but didn't work so well. Most everyone up there uses the Reno 4x4 club site.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Oh...great pictures btw!! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I post to all the forums to let people know there are others of us out there. So will see the same post here and Reno 4x4 HAHA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts