1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I mean the least they could of done was sell them to junkyards (in peices) so that those of us who do not want to get into bigger debt by buying a new car (read loan) had a way to keep an existing car going....

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It was very saddening to drive through lots seeing vehicles we would have bought/loved to own. :(

I was under the impression they all got crushed? I saw on the news where they went through the process with a jeep cherokee at a junk yard and the guy mentioned that they normally would salvage parts, such as the doors, but weren't allowed to.

This one made me the most heartbroken

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
7312 2WD and 4WD 4Runners killed, none of which were 1985, thank god! 637 2WD and 4WD Tacomas killed. (Not to mention all the other forms of Toyota trucks, t100s, Tundras, etc.) :banghead:

Wtf is up with the list having some 2008's? Seriously?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are hitting yards but the motors are locked up and travis was telling me they drain the oil and put this liquid glass stuff in and let it run and out of the blue you hear all the belts squeel and the motors stopped. He said they are F'ed after that...no rebuild no saving it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
They are hitting yards but the motors are locked up and travis was telling me they drain the oil and put this liquid glass stuff in and let it run and out of the blue you hear all the belts squeel and the motors stopped. He said they are F'ed after that...no rebuild no saving it.
Murder! :(

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
a lil....that truck looks pristine!!!!! someone deserves a boot to genital meeting on that........prolly ended up with a Hyundai or something
So pristine! (only after a respray)

note: shitty body work on door, cab corner, bedside. Wavy as hell, and ugly. The ocean has less ripples in it :lmao:

Still a shame! I bet a lot of manual hub CV's, lock outs, and spindles went to waist! Dammit!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
the whole thing never made sense to me.... why not scrap the vin so that it can't even be retitled as salvage.... then all the parts could be used including the engine....????

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Aside from the vehicular waste, a lot of auto shops got fucked up the ass due to C4C. With all those perfectly good older cars yanked out of circulation, the smaller shops are gonna be hurting in a bad way for several years until the new ones get to that stage.

One more dumbfuck move by this moronic administration.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
the whole thing never made sense to me.... why not scrap the vin so that it can't even be retitled as salvage.... then all the parts could be used including the engine....????
Because that wouldn't be "green". :rolleyes: The whole "green" movement is nothing but a front for political and financial gain on the parts of those in control.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
PSh.. and the largest trade in was US Automakers for Asian cars... Yeah that helped our economy.

(Don't get me wrong, no way in hell would I buy a GM, Ford, or Chevy unless I needed a tow rig.)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So pristine! (only after a respray)

note: shitty body work on door, cab corner, bedside. Wavy as hell, and ugly. The ocean has less ripples in it :lmao:

Still a shame! I bet a lot of manual hub CV's, lock outs, and spindles went to waist! Dammit!
All the more reason it would have been a perfect rig. xD

I'll be satisfied with a Tundra tow rig.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Whats bad is he has a 01 lifted/locked/ charged taco...we were trying to find a way to smuggle the toyotas out of the lot for parting lol

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I went to a junkyard up by I76 and pecos that just has C4C in it. All the vehicles have the red sticker on the valve cover saying it was part of Cash for Clunkers and that the engine had been "permanently destroyed" due to running sodium silicate (liquid glass) in the motor. Lots of jeeps out there, and some hondas?? I thought the vehicle had to have a low overall MPG to be traded in? Or was it just an older vehicle? This really pisses me off. All the problems with older toyota 3.0 motors, and half of the good running ones just got destroyed.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Good grief...what an absolute waste. Took time and money to design and build those engines, and a couple seconds for some idiot to order them destroyed.

I wonder which third world country...or "developing nation"...will have the honor of salvaging those engine blocks, after they've sat on US lots for a decade or so. I have no confidence that the C4C hulks will do anything but sit, for many years.

-S

1 - 20 of 22 Posts