TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to buy a Bengal/Asian Leopard....but only cuz I think it looks awesome...so heres to my new found love for cats....
First....the Bengal. Grows up to 4ft.

And now some funny cat pics..

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
thats a cool cat your going to get, do you have to get it from a breeder i asume? I was thinking about getting a hairless cat(allergies) and saw the cost of them and decided i will wait.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
link817 said:
thats a cool cat your going to get, do you have to get it from a breeder i asume? I was thinking about getting a hairless cat(allergies) and saw the cost of them and decided i will wait.
I'm not sure a Bengal is any cheaper, but they typically don't cause exacerbations in allergy symptoms like normal domesticated cats. Their coat is a pelt and is considerably different than the average cat's fur (ie, little or no dander). If you're truly interested in getting a cat at some point, that may be something to look into further.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Couldn't say why everybody thinks it's cool to hate cats. They are a hoot to watch. They can do anything they want. They show up in the darnest places. I had this cat thay would come home with snakes, mice, rabbits, birds, turtles, lizzards and a few species I couldn't identify or weren't discoverd yet. He would just look at you with that same blank experssion on his face like he was saying...."and you call yourself a hunter???" Your cat looks awsome get it and post a shitload of pics. Oh, almost forgot....change that freaky ass avitar!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I own 2 bengals....When I own a home I hope to become a breeder. If you want a cat with nice markings and temperment. spend the money on a nice pet from gogees bengals in LA. Your looking to spend around 1000 bucks for a nice pet. Like said above bengals have pelts and are very soft. I would not recomend a bengal around small children. and be prepared to "train" the cat to sleep on your schedual sp? NEVER let the cat outside. If you do take the cat on walks take it out in a carrier to a low traffic park or property and put it on a harness and leash. if they associate the door to the outside world they will meow and call next to the door all the time. your best bet is to buy tons of toys that are more natural ie rabbits fur and bird feathers (they go crazy for them) invest in a spray or squirt bottle for off limits training. Since I live in an apartment I made the most of my space by making "catwalks" on the walls with 2x4's some carpet and some brackets. these cats are very high energy and will not just laze around like your normall house cat. close to having a 2 year old child with claws and cries really loud. when they are young they are skiddish of everything so you have to take your time introducing them to the new home. if you have any other ???'s just shoot me a pm.

the top silver is the tom of my black bengal (black is not a breed standard)
the other silver is tigger who I got from gogees bengals
and the black cat is duff from morning star bengals here in California (not a top breeder)

·
Registered
414 Posts
More info about the Bengal cat. My concern would be letting it outside. It seems too big to stay in the house all the time, but too big to be let out for fear it'd kill some small dog or get shot at or something.

Pucker, do you have any pictures that demonstrate their relative size? How are they with regular house cats?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
stu said:
More info about the Bengal cat. My concern would be letting it outside. It seems too big to stay in the house all the time, but too big to be let out for fear it'd kill some small dog or get shot at or something.

Pucker, do you have any pictures that demonstrate their relative size? How are they with regular house cats?
they arnt really THAT much bigger than a normall cat. they are longer and weigh more. my older male weighs mabye 13lbs. duff's father the top silver one was 16 lbs so duff will get to be around there. now savannah cats or chausie cats get huge...trust me if you let these cats outside they will be stolen. they do awsome indoors you just have to keep them entertained. like I said its like having a child.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for the video, I think I could take them both. It sounds like having two is a good idea so they don't get bored. Life span?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
stu said:

Pucker, do you have any pictures that demonstrate their relative size? How are they with regular house cats?[/QUOTE]

If you have a full grown house cat and introduce the bengal as a kitten they should do just fine. However if its vice versa ive found the bengal to be very rough and tough compared to a "normal" cat. a normal kitten for example, doesnt have the drive that a bengal kitten would have. the older "normal" cat would put the bengal kitten in check earley.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
depending on the blood lines average would be anywhere from 9-15 years.
you have to remember bengals are like perry once said "hybrids".
they are prone to things like diahrea and urinary tract blockages from poor quality food and lack of hydration. if a cat has a boul problem it has to have a strict raw diet and can get pretty extensive. for water I SWEAR by those flowing filterd water contraptions...after I bought one my cats water consumption quadrupled.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
hey pucker thanks for the info....i've been doing my research on em for a while...I didnt just jump into buying one. I had seen one at a house when I used to do Social Work about 2 yrs ago and was amazed at the quality, friendliness, size, and beauty of it.....The owner told me a bit about em and I came home and started looking into them. I found one Cattery in Houston that specializes in Bengals and im almost positive i've heard of the one you were talking about. One thing that they've all told me that is pretty much the same advice from everyone with bengals is dont buy one if you dont have the time for it....they require a lot of attention.....Do you keep yours on a certain diet? or is it anything goes? because i've almost heard 50% say anything and 50% say only a certain diet.....

edit- Avatar Changed for everyone that kept asking.... :cool:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
hurley994 said:
hey pucker thanks for the info....i've been doing my research on em for a while...I didnt just jump into buying one. I had seen one at a house when I used to do Social Work about 2 yrs ago and was amazed at the quality, friendliness, size, and beauty of it.....The owner told me a bit about em and I came home and started looking into them. I found one Cattery in Houston that specializes in Bengals and im almost positive i've heard of the one you were talking about. One thing that they've all told me that is pretty much the same advice from everyone with bengals is dont buy one if you dont have the time for it....they require a lot of attention.....Do you keep yours on a certain diet? or is it anything goes? because i've almost heard 50% say anything and 50% say only a certain diet.....

edit- Avatar Changed for everyone that kept asking.... :cool:
science diet...I just keep the bowl full 24\7.

·
Registered
414 Posts
And they don't get fat? If I kept my cat's dish full all the time, they'd all weigh 25 pounds. I guess my cats are a lot more lazy though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
SurfingDrunk
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing