TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed thier cb where the parking brake lever was?
I looks like with some minor trimming I could fit a uniden or radioshack style cb in the "cubby" where the parking brake lever was. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Out of curiosity, what did you do with the parking brake?

-Radar

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
when Installing the crawler it got disconected.
I personally dont need/want it.
I am guessing you have an auto then?? I use the crap out of mine with my auto, anytime I park on even the slightest incline, I dont trust the park pin to hold, nor do I like having to wrench on the shifter to get it into gear....

Get a Cobra 75WXST, all you have is a mic and a plug...

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well seeing as that my Pbrake dosent barley work when it was hooked up...I just leave the truck in gear when parked. Id get a tcase brake but dunno what that entails.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
well seeing as that my Pbrake dosent barley work when it was hooked up...I just leave the truck in gear when parked. Id get a tcase brake but dunno what that entails.
ill take some pics tommarow but why not mount it in b/w your seats
or like i did put it behind the center counsole and mount it to there and have the mic run along the floor board it is perfect and not too hidden and you can use all the room in my EXT cab still(room hah) but ya i seem to like it along with people who notice it..my :2cents: ill post pics if you want

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill take some pics tommarow but why not mount it in b/w your seats
or like i did put it behind the center counsole and mount it to there and have the mic run along the floor board it is perfect and not too hidden and you can use all the room in my EXT cab still(room hah) but ya i seem to like it along with people who notice it..my :2cents: ill post pics if you want
yeah gimmie some ideas;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
ok buddy well shit i forgot my truck is in the shop!haha
but ok let me search and ill be right back i think i migh have a pic..

mk well no pic on my comp maybe photobucket..
but meanwhile..
do you have ext cab?
either way you know the center console in between the two front seats..well in the back of it where it drops off into the floor board..it is flat right..well under the driver seat is a plug thing where i ran the cb cable to the cb from the antenna mounted on my bed..and mounted the cb then on the back of the consol with L brackets and the little screw things included..and i got abig marlin(i think) cb not a small cobra one..one with all the little doo daads lol..but ya and mounted it a little lower so it wont hit my arm while driving..a
and the mic cord is ran in between the driver seat and center consol in the space b/w them...and sits at the front mounting bracket for the seat(where you bolt the seat down..) hope that gives you a mental image..ill find a pic i should get the truck back monday or tues..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
You can see my Cobra 75wxst in this pic..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
thats EXACTLY like mine
i love it cuz it just right there
and i dont have to loook around or un clip

·
Registered
22 Posts

Yaesu FT-8800r
Cobra 25 NW LTD Classic

After this picture, I mounted the mic clip to the right side of the CB itself, down out of the way, and off the floor.

The Yaesu only has the head mounted under the stereo, the rest of the radio is mounted behind the drivers side of the rear seat, on the back wall of my single cab pickup.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

Yaesu FT-8800r
Cobra 25 NW LTD Classic

After this picture, I mounted the mic clip to the right side of the CB itself, down out of the way, and off the floor.

The Yaesu only has the head mounted under the stereo, the rest of the radio is mounted behind the drivers side of the rear seat, on the back wall of my single cab pickup.

How close is your shifter to smacking it in 1st? I thought about that spot in my 95 but didnt think I had room, so I went to the 75 WXST on my 92, and now 07.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts