TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i gto a new CB dradio from cobra for x-mas. I just started looking for an antenna for it but im having a hard time looknig for what i want. I know i can buy the little ones that are about a foot tall. But i want the big old 4' whip antennas. Ive tried serching and went to a few stores around here but so far nothing that is compatible for what i got. Ive got the cobra 29 NW LTD Classic
http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=8&id=1

Thanks in advanced.
Andrew

Oh and im not looking for a magnet mount.

·
Registered
870 Posts
firestik or wilson, make sure it has a tunable tip..

Walcottcb.com

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Firestick II, purchased from a CB shop.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I vote K40 whip... easier to tune than the firestick, and more flexible.

Wilson would be the next vote....

Firestick II's are good, but IME offroad they arent flexible enough and break too easily..

·
Registered
455 Posts
ah64id said:
I vote K40 whip... easier to tune than the firestick, and more flexible.

Wilson would be the next vote....

Firestick II's are good, but IME offroad they arent flexible enough and break too easily..

X's 2 on the whip, I've heard nothing but great things about the K40 whip, but I personally have a 4' radio shack whip and it works great too. :2cents:

·
Registered
120 Posts
99ARTaco said:
X's 2 on the whip, I've heard nothing but great things about the K40 whip, but I personally have a 4' radio shack whip and it works great too. :2cents:
FAWK these peices of $hit. I have broken 4 of them in the past 6 months. Buy a cheap skinny metal whip from radio shack or a truck stop.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hustler HQ-27 on a modified Fire Stik MK-184R mount/Fire Ring system....economically available from Walcott CB.

Soon as I get back home from holiday vacation, it's going on my '05 Access Cab. Here it is as installed on my F-250:

Easily tuneable, excellent performer, and zero corrosion after two-plus years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts