TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on which CB and antenna to get. Anyone have any preferences that fit an '06 Tacoma? What are some pros & cons of various CBs and antennas?

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
dr350jja said:
Looking for recommendations on which CB and antenna to get. Anyone have any preferences that fit an '06 Tacoma? What are some pros & cons of various CBs and antennas?
pic a radio, won't make that much difference other than features. then get a Wilson 1000 antenna and get it tuned (SWR)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the Wilson 1000 antenna a better choice than the 4' FireStik II antenna or the K40 Superflex? Do you have any pics of the Wilson 1000 antenna mounted on your rig, that you can post??

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
dr350jja said:
Is the Wilson 1000 antenna a better choice than the 4' FireStik II antenna or the K40 Superflex? Do you have any pics of the Wilson 1000 antenna mounted on your rig, that you can post??
yes and yes

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/~ccorley/Misc Pics/bed bar/P1010225.JPG

also, try to mount your antenna as close to the middle of the truck as possible. this gives you the optimum ground plane.
mine is hard-mounted but a roof mag mount toward the rear of the cab is just as good.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

OK, I gotta know: I really like the light bar in the bed of your rig--did you fab it yourself, or can I get one somewhere? Thanks again.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Administrator
18,271 Posts
I'm a fan of Uniden radios. Their older style PC 68XL is a nice solid radio that can be peaked and tweaked for more power and is very reliable. I believe their PRO520XL is a model that fits in the ashtray location. Either are good radios. An antenna like the Wilson 1000 mag mount or the Firestik II antenna would be my choice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey whats that grill guard going to do?? Only protect the very front of your rig, maybe. You need to get a real bumper replacement if you are going to wheel. Nice rig though.

BlackDog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts