TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired
Joined
·
4,641 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
AK98Taco said:
Very nice, Cecil!

Are you finally going to come wheeling with us so you can put that oversized fishing reel to the test?

What is your license plate mounted to?

Here's the kickass bumper Steve built for me:

Nice bumper, I really liked the way the cross member was made with the reciever in the center. I noted the reinforcing struts on the ends as well.

Wally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
AK98Taco said:
Very nice, Cecil!

Are you finally going to come wheeling with us so you can put that oversized fishing reel to the test?

What is your license plate mounted to?

Here's the kickass bumper Steve built for me:

[/url]
That is a nice bumper, what really caught my eye was the cross member reciever with the strut reinforcement on the ends.

Wally
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
WallyP226 said:
Nice bumper, I really liked the way the cross member was made with the reciever in the center. I noted the reinforcing struts on the ends as well.

Wally
Thanks. The crossmember was built out of 3 1/2x4x0.25" angle iron, then tabs were extended over the top to prevent a twisting motion of the bumper. The receiver tube was welded into the angle iron and then the tube was welded between the outer uprights and the receiver tube. The plates for the outermost supports are made out of 3/8" steel. This thing is completely bolt on.

Steve can build you whatever you can imagine, and build it very well!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/155437/bumpfinal.jpg
This is the design I gave him, and as you can see, the final product is almost identical to the design.
 

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
Joined
·
796 Posts
Very nice. How much $ did these run you guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Cecil, it looks great, I'm glad your happy with it!!!!

Prices for all my bumpers are listed on the web site, they are the prices for those exact bumpers, price may vary depending on design and material changes.
Thanks, Steve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Chad, doing good here just dealing with the life issue, hahaha how you been? Saw some pics of your new rig, nice! Dont know if I will make it this year or not!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
rokbrkr said:
Cecil, it looks great, I'm glad your happy with it!!!!

Prices for all my bumpers are listed on the web site, they are the prices for those exact bumpers, price may vary depending on design and material changes.
Thanks, Steve.
Do you guys only do these bumpers on a custom basis or can you make them and ship them out? Just curious.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Timbuddha said:
Do you guys only do these bumpers on a custom basis or can you make them and ship them out? Just curious.

Tim
Right now, we can build and ship front bumpers for the 2000 and older trucks, we are in the process of gearing up for the '01-04's, sliders and rear bumpers are available thru the mail for '04 and older, any model, even stepside, you can go with my designs or send me yours.
thanks, Steve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Chadman said:
Steve you ROCK! I'm gonna have to get a rear bumper from you sooon.
Thanks man, I'm actually shipping one your way today, for a 4runner, just let me know when your ready and we'll get you set up!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
98 Taco said:
your 98 looks cool with that tube front bumper!!!
is it able to hold a winch??
Thank you, I'm not sure which truck your talking about for sure, but we can build them with or without a perminant winch mount or with a rec. mount, anyway you'd like it!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top