TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have completed the webpage on my write up on the installation of my new CBI Heavy Duty Clamp-on Sliders for my 2001 Taco Double Cab!
Please review and if you have any questions or suggestions, post here or email me.

Enjoy!

CBI Install on TejasYOTA

My thanks to Steve at CBI for making a quality product and painting the sucka! :)

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning to do that tomorrow, when the temp gets back into the 60's :)
I will also see if I can knock down the sharp edges with a wood block or the flat surface of a steel, so I could minimize the scraping factor of my legs and my wifes!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sliders

Sliders look good.

I have some CBI clamp ons on my 98 x-cab. The only thing that I don't like about them is that the top of some of the clamps rub the bottom of the cab floor pan. That rubbing makes noise when you turn, go over bumps, etc. There is just not enough clearance between the frame and the cab body unless you have a lift.

Do you have that same problem with your set up?

I wedged some pieces of rubber matting in those areas to stop the metal to metal contact. But all in all they are great. My powder coating seems to be holding up well.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TACO300 said:
...that the top of some of the clamps rub the bottom of the cab floor pan. That rubbing makes noise when you turn, go over bumps, etc. There is just not enough clearance between the frame and the cab body unless you have a lift.

Do you have that same problem with your set up?

I wedged some pieces of rubber matting in those areas to stop the metal to metal contact...
Yes the top of some of the Clamp-ons do rub the top of the floor board.
No, I have not heard the noise yet.
I think other than using a rubber mat is to do an 1-inch body lift.

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
TEJASYOTA
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing