Chevy Leaf Springs up Front
Toy 59" Springs out Back
I'm sure I am forgetting a lot but you get the picture
See ya all at takeover!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice work, that looks and sounds like a badass rig!! :cool: :xsmokin1:
Did you use a bead roller for the flames on the engine compartment panels?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Its a clean simple design that gets the job done. Great job I like it a lot, love to se some paddles on it and charge the drags in Glamis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we used a bead roller for the front panels. It added a nice touch. I have a set of 39" Supper Pooper Scopper paddles for it that are going on for Memorial Day up here at St. Anthony sand dunes.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like you made a couple changes from the original. Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah we used a bead roller for the front panels. It added a nice touch. I have a set of 39" Supper Pooper Scopper paddles for it that are going on for Memorial Day up here at St. Anthony sand dunes.
Get some video of that I would love to see the roost that sucka makes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you guys are going to have it out at the dunes over memorial day weekend I want to see video after the weekend of that thing climbing choke cherry. Go out there and show all those ATV's and dirt bikes how its done.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Cool! So that's what Steve is doing with my money! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, it is the buggy we brought to Moab last october. It was not quite finished then. :eek:

Yes, it was the traction bar style we sell with the radius arm bushing. BUT, this was the first one we built of this style, and lets just say welding traction bars together at 2 am is not the best idea. It has been upgraded and our traction bars are alot stouter now. The traction bar didn't fail my weld did! I guess that is why they call it R&D! 600hp and 39" sticky tires tend to break alot of things! :D

I have alot of build pictures, but no space on the website to post them.:confused:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, it is the buggy we brought to Moab last october. It was not quite finished then. :eek:

Yes, it was the traction bar style we sell with the radius arm bushing. BUT, this was the first one we built of this style, and lets just say welding traction bars together at 2 am is not the best idea. It has been upgraded and our traction bars are alot stouter now. The traction bar didn't fail my weld did! I guess that is why they call it R&D! 600hp and 39" sticky tires tend to break alot of things! :D

I have alot of build pictures, but no space on the website to post them.:confused:
I understand about hte R&D and such. ;)
I was inspired by seeing the pics of your (CBI) traction bars with the radius arm bushing:cool: , so I picked up some parts to use when I build mine. I just figured I'd ask So I'd know what areas to pay more attention to when fabbing it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts