TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my Class B CDL. Anyone have a favorite instructor or class they've attended in the past?

Tips are welcomed as well.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I need to get my Class B CDL. Anyone have a favorite instructor or class they've attended in the past?

Tips are welcomed as well.
The guys/gal from the crews at work have done testing over the years, one thing they have said make sure you're familiar with the walk around. I don't recall what school they went to down in Phoenix.:driving:

·
Registered
216 Posts
CDL Truck school http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cdl+truck+school+phoenix&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cdl+truck+school&hnear=0x872b12ed50a179cb:0x8c69c7f8354a1bac,Phoenix,+AZ&cid=0,0,10175461968911005122&ei=ix7QTce0K5H4swOG0pjfAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CGEQnwIwAQ

This is where I got mine, they have a class you can do before your test for some extra coin that I would recommend they go through the walk around and every thing you need to know prior to driving. If you haven't done the written test yet study the handout. On a personal note I would strongly advise you to go for the class A cdl instead, every person I know that has got a C or B class always wishes they went for the A or had to for advancement or other jobs. the air brakes part of the test is not hard to pass if you study and remember the steps.

P.S. pay attention to the speed limit and overpass and bridge heights they will ask the hight of the bridge or overpass after you pass it

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my line of work, its extremely unlikely that I'll ever be required to operate an 18 wheeler or vehicle towing anything larger than 10,000lbs.
Should I still go for a Class A?

Thanks for the other tips, that kind of information is invaluable.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
In my line of work, its extremely unlikely that I'll ever be required to operate an 18 wheeler or vehicle towing anything larger than 10,000lbs.
Should I still go for a Class A?

Thanks for the other tips, that kind of information is invaluable.
Class A could help later if looking for other work.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much of a price difference (if any) is there when taking the Class A over the Class B?
Arizona CDL says pricing starts at $1499, but is that A, B or C?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I am not sure of the price, but I believe it would be for the A. I got mine and will hold onto it for as long as I can. I also got my Dbl/Tpl, HazMat, Tnkr, and M all at once. The only fee I pay is my health card physical every two years, which you will as well. I also say get a class A and be done with it.

The school was very helpful, I also reccommend it. The nice thing is you do not need to show a log of seat time to retain a CDL. I will be losing my Crane Operators Licence this year since I couldn't show 1000hrs of seat time since I got it 5yrs ago:(

·
Registered
216 Posts
The 1500 is for the over the road truck driver or 18 wheeler training I think its a 3 day class that the company usually pays for. You just want the air brake and pre-trip class. I got my class A from there. I don't remember how much I paid but it wasn't more than $250

Go for the class A. If you were applying for a class B driving job and you walk in with a class A guess who gets the edge on the position, Its completely worth it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just looked at their website and it does give that impression but the skills and road test are only 25$ at the dmv so I would call the cdl truck school to see if the still do the regular class and tests any more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts