TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving home from work today I was visited by my best friend. The check engine light. This is the first Cel I've gotten on my truck since I've owned it (6 Years). I just rolled over 91K miles. So I go straight to autozone and get the code pulled. It shows 3 codes. PO125 (closed loop fuel control, insufficent coolant temp) I deduce this is the AFR being thrown off somehow. The second 2 codes were p1130 and p1135. Toyota specific O2 sensor codes. That would explain the AFR being thrown off. Now, the o2 codes indicate a malfunction in "Bank 1, sensor 1". I know my taco (2000 4x4 2.7 4cyl 5 spd) has 2 sensors 1 in the manifold and one by the cat.

Now the questions: "bank 1, sensor 1" which o2 sensor is this? The one in the mani. or by the cat?
Can o2 sensors just be fouled and then cleaned?
I know autoparts stores sell o2 sensors cheaper than the dealer. Are there any comparable manufacturers for a discounted price? I've heard Bosch isn't that great for toyota.
I would appreciate any advice!!! Thanks for the help!

--Brock

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Why would you want a German sensor for a Japanese ECU?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yes bosch anything in a yota is that bad. Plugs, wires, sensors, you name it, I've replaced it after the truck has the same problem it did before the bosch parts were put on. Sometimes the bosch parts create more problems then the bad factory parts caused.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
So driving home from work today I was visited by my best friend. The check engine light. This is the first Cel I've gotten on my truck since I've owned it (6 Years). I just rolled over 91K miles. So I go straight to autozone and get the code pulled. It shows 3 codes. PO125 (closed loop fuel control, insufficent coolant temp) I deduce this is the AFR being thrown off somehow. The second 2 codes were p1130 and p1135. Toyota specific O2 sensor codes. That would explain the AFR being thrown off. Now, the o2 codes indicate a malfunction in "Bank 1, sensor 1". I know my taco (2000 4x4 2.7 4cyl 5 spd) has 2 sensors 1 in the manifold and one by the cat.

Now the questions: "bank 1, sensor 1" which o2 sensor is this? The one in the mani. or by the cat?
Can o2 sensors just be fouled and then cleaned?
I know autoparts stores sell o2 sensors cheaper than the dealer. Are there any comparable manufacturers for a discounted price? I've heard Bosch isn't that great for toyota.
I would appreciate any advice!!! Thanks for the help!

--Brock
have you checked the FSM for these codes?
http://haroldmiller.net/FSM/2000/Repair Manual/Diagnostics/Circuit Inspection/cip1130.pdf for the 1130 but just go to:
http://haroldmiller.net/FSM/2000/ for the rest of them....scroll down to Diagnostics and click on the code #

·
Registered
40 Posts
tacomas are known for eating o2 sensors that arent oem
aftermarket isnt good for electrical repairs
but if you have to make sure its jap aftermarket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts