TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled 4 codes off the obd II scanner at autozone about a week ago slowly been trying to correct one of em to see wtf is up. got tired of waiting an hr for autozone to scan the CEL each time to see if a code disappeared so I picked up an actron scanner today get back out in parking lot start truck and CEL is off ! WTF it hasnt been off in 6 months on its own.

got back to apartment and scanned codes regardless of CEL being off and pulled two codes 1 pending and 1 in memory.

All 4 codes were

codes said:
P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control

P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected

P0130 02 Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0133 02 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank l Sensor l
The only 2 codes I pulled today were po125 and po401

problem I'm having 6 months ago was truck running lean, now i do not get a running lean CEL code ! however if i havent driven the truck in about 6 hrs when I get around to driving truck and putt around in 1st gear below 2200rpms the truck damn near dies , rev it a little higher and after 10 minutes or so the truck runs pretty normal with a slight hesitation thruout its daily driving.

kinda makes me wonder why the o2 sensors are suddenly OK when I pulled the o2 sensor before the cat today it looked like this

rear one after cat was damn near spotless..

pretty stuck on how to get this back to good running condition plugs/wires are less then 5k miles, cat has less then 5k miles on it..

I pulled the filter in the top of the EGR valve and blew it out with compressed air ( it was quite dirty mostly dust - I'm gonna blame the K&N filter on that one!)

other then bending over for a new EGR valve and coolant temp sensor anyone have ideas ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Temp sensor - It's either an electrical connection to the sensor or the sensor is bad.
EGR - Clean the EGR with carb cleaner? Vacuum usually actuates the various valves that control the EGR valve. Make sure the lines are good.

·
Registered
530 Posts
99FlowedTaco said:
pulled 4 codes off the obd II scanner at autozone about a week ago slowly been trying to correct one of em to see wtf is up. got tired of waiting an hr for autozone to scan the CEL each time to see if a code disappeared so I picked up an actron scanner today get back out in parking lot start truck and CEL is off ! WTF it hasnt been off in 6 months on its own.

got back to apartment and scanned codes regardless of CEL being off and pulled two codes 1 pending and 1 in memory.

All 4 codes were

The only 2 codes I pulled today were po125 and po401

problem I'm having 6 months ago was truck running lean, now i do not get a running lean CEL code ! however if i havent driven the truck in about 6 hrs when I get around to driving truck and putt around in 1st gear below 2200rpms the truck damn near dies , rev it a little higher and after 10 minutes or so the truck runs pretty normal with a slight hesitation thruout its daily driving.

kinda makes me wonder why the o2 sensors are suddenly OK when I pulled the o2 sensor before the cat today it looked like this

rear one after cat was damn near spotless..

pretty stuck on how to get this back to good running condition plugs/wires are less then 5k miles, cat has less then 5k miles on it..

I pulled the filter in the top of the EGR valve and blew it out with compressed air ( it was quite dirty mostly dust - I'm gonna blame the K&N filter on that one!)

other then bending over for a new EGR valve and coolant temp sensor anyone have ideas ?

P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control = for that code i would check the front air/fuel sensor(front o2 sensor)you can check the sensor with a multimeter for ohm's to see if it's bad..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tacoma2k said:
P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control = for that code i would check the front air/fuel sensor(front o2 sensor)you can check the sensor with a multimeter for ohm's to see if it's bad..

thx i checked the ohms the other day on the both of them however I didnt notice it said " heated " resistance. and checked the ohms cold. I'll check again tommorow after my AM drive to work. for now I switched my rear o2 sensor to the front of the cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts