TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canton and was wondering If anyone could help me find what is causing a chirping noise in my rear diff. Ive already asked around on the main site and was told that it is probably the center bearing or the pinion bearing. Let me know if you could help at all. I need to be sure what the exact problem is before I go and spend my paycheck on it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Did you do what was suggested over on the national board first?
Have you pin-pointed the noise?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
like i said in the pm
being how im poor i would greese it like you were told or w.e
since its the cheaper option then go from there. But then again i aint one of the ones to ask about this...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I just bought a carrier bearing... 140 friekin bucks. Blah.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
LilRed,

It just occurred to me...
You mentioned on the national board that your truck was short bed. Is it extended cab? If not, you shouldn't have a center bearing at all... at least my son's '92 doesn't have one. If so, that's one less component to trouble-shoot.

Make sure all your u-joints are tight. Any new drive line vibrations that came with the new squeek would be a clue. Like I said, and the other guys too, jack it up and spin the drive line around and see if you can tell where the noise is coming from.... take all of the proper safety precautions too... jack stands, chock the tires, etc...

Later,
tr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts