TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Procomp 1079 wheels for my 02 Tacoma and I'm having a hard time finding center caps that fit. The ones that came in the box didn't fit, the shop where I had the tires mounted didn't have any that fit either. I finally called 4wheelparts(where I bought them) and they told me that the caps for my truck are on backorder, that was a month ago. Every time I call them they push the backorder date back another two weeks, I'm wondering if they even make caps for my truck or if they are just leading me on.

I've noticed a few trucks in the members rigs section that don't have center caps. Did anyone else run into the same problem, or did you just not put them on for some other reason?

·
Registered
182 Posts
U.P.TRD said:
I bought a set of Procomp 1079 wheels for my 02 Tacoma and I'm having a hard time finding center caps that fit. The ones that came in the box didn't fit, the shop where I had the tires mounted didn't have any that fit either. I finally called 4wheelparts(where I bought them) and they told me that the caps for my truck are on backorder, that was a month ago. Every time I call them they push the backorder date back another two weeks, I'm wondering if they even make caps for my truck or if they are just leading me on.

I've noticed a few trucks in the members rigs section that don't have center caps. Did anyone else run into the same problem, or did you just not put them on for some other reason?
Allow me to save you countless hours of pounding your head against the wall for nothing. Blow off 4wheelf***sticks and find the part somewhere else. You're more like to have those parts drop out of the sky than getting the parts from them. And smile, because you could have had a much worse experience with them. Ask anyone around here.

·
Registered
360 Posts
U.P.TRD said:

The alloy wheels that wheelers sells if I am not mistaken are the same as the pro comp wheels and they sell wheel capse that should fit. I would hit them up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought those wheels almost a year ago now, had the same problem with the center caps. I knew the guy that put mine one and we took a grinder to the inside of the caps (carefully since they are cheap plastic as I'm sure you know). Long story short they are for sale because they are pieces of crap and got oxidation damage about 4 months after i got them. I think it may have been cleaner at the carwash, so dont ever use the wheel cleaner at a car wash or take yours through an automatic that does as this is the only thing i can think of that would cause this. Like I said the wheels are up forsale cheap if anyone wants them ($200) just a little dullness, looks like water spots/streaks all over the wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts