TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I didn't run them on my Taco since they'd likely get damaged, and I didn't like the look of them. They're also not going to keep anything from getting into the hubs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My opinion is not to run them, and most people who do run them seem to do so more from the fact that that's how the truck came stock and have never been motivated to think about it deeper than that.

I stopped using mine when I damaged one while the tire was off the truck. I didn't want to buy a new one and I thought it looked dumb with just the one missing. I found out later that all sorts of nastiness can hide back there, especially with manual hubs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, I dont use the caps either, I think they look way better without caps..aftermarket rims that is.

I think stock rims like the ones that came with my 03 look better with caps though

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks guys,

I wasn't quite sure if there was a real reason for people not running them. I was thinking about looking for a set of black ones for my Walker Evans wheels. I was just wondering or worrying about damaging the bearing cover plate on the front axles. Now I dought a bit of plactic would save the bearing cap from damage but it might be better than nothing. I'm not sure weather I'm going to get a set yet. I guess it just ends up being what you like or don't like.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
You are over thinking this... if you are damaging that dust cover... you better start worring about the rest of the stuff that will blow up if you hit it hard enough to damage anything besides the dust cover.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are over thinking this... if you are damaging that dust cover... you better start worring about the rest of the stuff that will blow up if you hit it hard enough to damage anything besides the dust cover.
True.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts