TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a push button or rocker panel in my 2004 Toyota Tacoma and would like something that fits perfectly in one of the two blanks in the center console (next to power outlets).

Does anyone know a toyota part number or other button/switch that will fit in one of those blank spots?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Any dealer can tell you what swiych you need and the price. They really look great but they are not cheap, Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike-in-WV said:
Any dealer can tell you what swiych you need and the price. They really look great but they are not cheap, Mike

Yeah I called and they said that for 1999-2004 those blanks were only filled by Canadian model Tacomas (or the security panel). He did mention a button off of a 98 Tacoma that would fit there for like $75, but that's a little too pricey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
You can use the 4runner fog light switches in there. You can usually find them for around $5 on Ebay. Lot's of guys also put their ARB switches in those spots with a tiny bit of trimming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SteveO said:
You can use the 4runner fog light switches in there. You can usually find them for around $5 on Ebay. Lot's of guys also put their ARB switches in those spots with a tiny bit of trimming.

Are the 4runner fog light switches the exact same size?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
M PWR said:
Are the 4runner fog light switches the exact same size?
I beleive it is. Should be the same as the diff lock button as well but if not, it will be extremely close and trimmable with a razor knife. The difference, is any, will be about 1mm in width. The switches are kind of a friction fit and aren't overly picky about the opening size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
They are an exact fit and nice for the price.

I bought them from Rallylights.com (bottom of the page).

 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top