TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you guys know where the cheapest place would be to find the Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kit for the 3.4 V6? I'm also debating to buy the Marlin Heavy Duty Clutch which is $299. Also, If you guys have feedback on any of these clutches it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kaleo

PS The cheapest Centerforce I found was $419!!! I'm looking in the $250-300 range.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I'll bump it for an answer for both of us..It's getting that time..

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump bump bump it up!

·
Registered
169 Posts
im also bumping, any one have ANY comments???

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hawaiianbro said:
Hey, do any of you guys know where the cheapest place would be to find the Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kit for the 3.4 V6? I'm also debating to buy the Marlin Heavy Duty Clutch which is $299. Also, If you guys have feedback on any of these clutches it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kaleo

PS The cheapest Centerforce I found was $419!!! I'm looking in the $250-300 range.
you arent going to find a centerforce that cheap, good things arent cheap.

·
Registered
297 Posts
hawaiianbro said:

Thanks,
Kaleo

For that price I would go trd. I bought one for my 93 runner when I had it, and it was the best clutch I have ever had. When mine goes on my taco, i'll be getting a trd one......

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Just get a stocker and save your money for something else. I had a Marlin but it was not all that much better if any. If you don't off road a dual friction would work but they are too touchey for crawling and I doubt they are worth the money. Someone else said TRD but they don't make clutches just ship someone elses clutch in their box and mark it up a lot. My guess is that you would get a lot more bang for your buck with a performance clutch from elsewhere if you are determined to buy one. Just remember that you are driving a truck, not a race vehicle of any kind.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
http://www.dualfriction.com/

$389. You will still need a throwout bearing. I got mine from them, and I've been more than happy with my Dual Friction, even with rockcrawling. It had a better pedal feel than stock even, and is perfectly controlable. My last stock one only lasted 30k, the dual friction one is on 50k and still going strong.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, thanks guys...I think i'm going to go with Tankota and get the Centerforce Dual Friction.

Thanks again for the help!

Kaleo

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tankota said:
http://www.dualfriction.com/

My last stock one only lasted 30k, the dual friction one is on 50k and still going strong.
ONLY 30K??? ive got 90K on mine, but its getin worn, i am going to go with dual friction., thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
MidwestTaco95 said:
ONLY 30K??? ive got 90K on mine, but its getin worn, i am going to go with dual friction., thanks for the info
My stock orginal lasted 70k, but half of that was before I was running 33's and doing more rock crawling type trails.. Got it replaced by the dealer with another stock, and with the 33's it only lasted 30k... So I went with the dual friction, and couldn't have been happier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just finished putting in a dual friction yesterday. I was supriised at how smooth they are....not touchy at all. I would recommend them highly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i think im sold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts