TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 2" Cornfed lift and I putting on my M/T classic 2s when i noticed that the centercaps that came with them make the rim not fit correctly onto the hub. Any one else have this problem?
-pissed off in Ohio
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
373 Posts
Mine screw onto the face. Look for 3 small screw holes around the lug pattern. You sure yours are the right ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bb609 said:
Mine screw onto the face. Look for 3 small screw holes around the lug pattern. You sure yours are the right ones?
mine do not have any screw holes in the face. the centercaps fit thru the backside and they have a lip at the ends of them to sit against the backside of the rim.
i can still sit the rim up and force down the rim and see if that "lip" sits on it correctly. it just gets in the way of the center hub part that sticks out, (not remembering the correct name at this time).

as i went back onto the summit racing website i see your style with the outer screws. do the classic 2's vary in style? they were 15x8's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
373 Posts
I have used center caps that have to be hammered off the hub to get them off again. If you can snug the wheel up to the hub face properly, you should be good to go. Just leave them on when you're rotating the wheels again. Mine are 16's from Summit. ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bb609 said:
I have used center caps that have to be hammered off the hub to get them off again. If you can snug the wheel up to the hub face properly, you should be good to go. Just leave them on when you're rotating the wheels again. Mine are 16's from Summit. ???
i can fit the rim onto the lugs but the inner circler put of the hub the sticks out a little does not fit into the rim anymore due to the fact that the centers are there.i'm thinknig that as long as i can line up the lugs and tighten them down i really don't think that it could be off center in anyway. correct?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
373 Posts
Generally speaking, correct. Torgue them evenly around and keep an eye on things. If the differences aren't that much, it should pull right into the hub. You may risk destroying a cap but if so, you won't need them anyway. They don't fit! lol!
Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help!
i'll try and post pics sometime here soon with the new lift and wheels/tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Wolff said:
i can fit the rim onto the lugs but the inner circler put of the hub the sticks out a little does not fit into the rim anymore due to the fact that the centers are there.i'm thinknig that as long as i can line up the lugs and tighten them down i really don't think that it could be off center in anyway. correct?
Thats one way you can do it. Tighten them down in a star pattern and it should pull the caps down evenly. Or you can do like I did and get a big rubber mallet and bang them on. Either way it works.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top