TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some wheeling around Shaver Lake today. Bald Mountain is the only trail open at this time. The west side of the trail had absolutely no snow, so it was an easy trip to the tower.

We took the east side down which proved to be a bit more challenging. The top half of the trail that weaves in and out of trees was covered with a good 18 inches of snow.

There was a lot of standing water between snow drifts.

We finally made our way through all the snow and hit the fun stuff.

The other trails should be snow free within a few weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Right on nice pics. I been wondering if people have been running that trail yet this year.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Awesome! . . . Thanks for posting up the pics. . . . My favorite part of the trail is that steep down-slope. (I didn't realize it's almost 40 degrees) . . . . I also never saw that much still water. . . . I think my least favorite part is the side hill in that last pic. . . . You can't really tell from the pic but it feels like you're gonna roll the passenger side straight into the ravine below. . . .

Well, I wish I could've joined you! . . . . My wife planned a last minute dinner party so I couldn't go. :rolleyes: . . . . But I'm on for next week! (Anyone around wanna join?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I saw you guys coming out of Bald. I think you guys passed me on the road because I can remeber that bumper on the toyota. My rig was the red YJ with black hardtop. Yeah it's nice to see the snow gone and the trails open up this year.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dam those are some good pics.....wish I had rode the zuzu to fresno...this weekend....I was the F250 to grandmas... had some work to do....sorry that I missed everyone one the freeway...is it friday yet.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dam those are some good pics.....wish I had rode the zuzu to fresno...this weekend....I was the F250 to grandmas... had some work to do....sorry that I missed everyone one the freeway...is it friday yet.....
Hey! . . . Looks go next weekend. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd like to but it's far. . . How many hours would that be from Fresno? . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts