TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use these on their rigs? I was thinking about giving them a try to calm the vibration from my tires. I've had them balanced three times and they still vibrate. No one in my area has the lug centric adapter needed for our Tacomas. I did a search and found no threads on here about them.

www.centramatic.com

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
03trdblack said:
Anyone ever use these on their rigs? I was thinking about giving them a try to calm the vibration from my tires. I've had them balanced three times and they still vibrate. No one in my area has the lug centric adapter needed for our Tacomas. I did a search and found no threads on here about them.

www.centramatic.com
Try one on the attached who use a Hunter machine.

http://128.242.141.111/pub/search/FindLocations.cfm

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just it. ALL of the centers I have called from that exact list have all told me that they never get vehicles that need the lug centric adapter and so they won't spend the money to get one. All have referred me to the dealer to do the balancing. I'm not spending $60 EACH TIME to get my tires balanced. That's crazy.

Each of the three times I've had them balanced were with the Hunter machine. The last time I went out and watched them do it just to be certain. The machine says zero (or close to it) and I still get the shakes.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
03trdblack said:
That's just it. ALL of the centers I have called from that exact list have all told me that they never get vehicles that need the lug centric adapter and so they won't spend the money to get one. All have referred me to the dealer to do the balancing. I'm not spending $60 EACH TIME to get my tires balanced. That's crazy.

Each of the three times I've had them balanced were with the Hunter machine. The last time I went out and watched them do it just to be certain. The machine says zero (or close to it) and I still get the shakes.
Crazy yes but how much have you spent with the other guys?...and the result? I spend it happily knowing what the results will be.

Edit - Just read the second half of your message, sorry - Did the dealer tell you anything about your tires? They should be able to tell you if a tire or wheel is too far out to be balanced. Weird.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just Tire's stores have the adapters, so I would assume that Goodyear stores do as well, seeing as they own Just Tires. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bb609 said:
Crazy yes but how much have you spent with the other guys?...and the result? I spend it happily knowing what the results will be.

Edit - Just read the second half of your message, sorry - Did the dealer tell you anything about your tires? They should be able to tell you if a tire or wheel is too far our to be balanced. Weird.

Actually, I paid $65 for LIFETIME rotation and balance at Just Tires. They will do it as much as I want them to. I have been to two different Just Tires locations and neither have the adapter. Both of them are the ones that told me to go to the Dealership.

·
Registered
135 Posts
03trdblack said:
I have been to two different Just Tires locations and neither have the adapter. Both of them are the ones that told me to go to the Dealership.
Sorry to hear that. The one I work at has the adapter so I assumed all would, but then again, we are one of the newer stores. Too bad you aren't in PA, or else I'd recomend you go there.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
AJ at Bent Up had them on his rig and reported that they worked. He was running something like 39" IROKs at the time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dick Foster said:
AJ at Bent Up had them on his rig and reported that they worked. He was running something like 39" IROKs at the time.
Yeah, I figure if they will work on some 39" tires, my 32" (soon to be 33") should be pretty good.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Not quite the same as what you inquired about but I just tried these a couple of weeks ago http://www.innovativebalancing.com and am very pleased with them.

The moron that mouted my last set of tires had 6 to 7 weights per front tire stangered in kind of a triangular pattern. Even though this had alread about ruined my tires over the past 6 months the beads drastically imnproved my ride even with worn out struts.

There is another member here running them as well I think maybe he will chime in with his opinion of them as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
boophoenix said:
Not quite the same as what you inquired about but I just tried these a couple of weeks ago http://www.innovativebalancing.com and am very pleased with them.

The moron that mouted my last set of tires had 6 to 7 weights per front tire stangered in kind of a triangular pattern. Even though this had alread about ruined my tires over the past 6 months the beads drastically imnproved my ride even with worn out struts.

There is another member here running them as well I think maybe he will chime in with his opinion of them as well.
I guess I'm trying to avoid having to buy that powder and having it put inside the tires. Also, when you get a new set of tires, (unless you try and save the stuff) you are going to have to purchase more to put in the new set. I figured with the centramatic balancers, I could just keep them on whenever I get new tires as well.

I'm still undecided. I may give them a try and see since they have a money back guarentee.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, it turns out that they probably won't fit on the truck. I called to order them and the guy their told me they would probably hit the brake caliper. I guess I won't be giving them a try after all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did you ever get this problem resolved? I ordered some hub rings for mine this week and if that doesn't work, I am going to order them just for the rear to try them out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i really don't understand why there is all this fuss over this "hubcentric" balancing. i used to work at a tire shop which used a Hunter balance machince. i've balanced a few tacomas, even my own, and i've never had a problem with them not balancing out. :dunno:

·
Registered
213 Posts
i really don't understand why there is all this fuss over this "hubcentric" balancing. i used to work at a tire shop which used a Hunter balance machince. i've balanced a few tacomas, even my own, and i've never had a problem with them not balancing out. :dunno:
That said, I don't get it either. I do know that this is a very frustrating problem that seems to be following me from truck to truck. That is any time I have changed wheels and tires and/or anything on the suspension of the latest generation of Tacoma's you get funky vibrations. I see all these rigs on this site as well as around town with lifts and monster tires and wonder how it is that they don't have vibrations. All I did was put a nice set of wheels and tires on my truck to enhance the looks and for occasional off road use and it vibrates. I have had them balanced on every kind of balancer, including all the hunter machines with the right adapters, made sure I have the right lug nuts, put dyna beads in them, had them balanced while they were ON the truck, and still no answer. I even purposely bought the wheels and tires on my current rig at a place that specializes in these kinds of wheels and tires and the best they can tell me is that "because the BFG A/T KO is a stiffer tire, you are going to feel more of the road". I am not an idiot and I can tell the difference between a bump in the road and an unbalanced tire. JUST FIX THE DAMN THING!!. This has driven me so crazy that I put on the stockers when I go on trips longer than 50 miles just so I don't drive it off a cliff.

So I am down to my last two options. Get the hub rings on (108/106 in case anyone cares about the size you will need with ultra Baja 17x9) and see if that fixes it and then try these centramatic things.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here is the update..

I tried the hubrings...They didn't fit. they fit the hub on the truck, but the hub bore on the wheels is too small. They were 106/108. I guess it really needs a 106/107 which nobody makes to my knowledge.

So I ordered my centramatic balancers last week. I installed them last night and they really work. They won't fit on the front because of the calipers. I had to modify the driver side because of a weight that is welded on the drum assembly. My shifter doesn't shake anymore except on bumpy roads. I have now driven 120 miles with the balancers and it is smooth at all speeds. Truly is amazing. I would suggest that anyone with tire vibe issues get a set of these because they do work.
I will try to get some pics up later, work is a little crazy right now.

My only issue is that I wish they would make them for the front wheels too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have looked into these for the same reason 03blacktrd wants to. I heard you have to grind some on the caliper :saw: and use min. 1/4" wheel spacers and possibly upgrade your front studs to use the same ones as on the rear (like 3/8" longer supposedly).

Can anyone confirm this?

Those of you running dynabeads...have you noticed any damage to the inside of the wheel due to the beads??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts