TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone changed the metal hiem joint that connects SAWs/Kings coilovers to the lower control arm from metal to polyurathane? If someone has done this, got any pics/info or where you can get it? Thanks.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Question... why? Isn't the metal stronger/smoother moving than polyurethane? I would think the poly would be more prone to crack, unless there wouldn't be enough stress on it to do that.

Interesting question. I am interested in the answer.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i'm with opp, why?

if the heim goes bad, replace it for $13.99

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
TomTRD said:
has anyone changed the metal hiem joint that connects SAWs/Kings coilovers to the lower control arm from metal to polyurathane? If someone has done this, got any pics/info or where you can get it? Thanks.
Why bother? look at the old fox/fabtech coilovers they had huge problems with it, i know I had a set with those problems.. they switched to heim for a reason..

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Question... why?"

1, the hiem joints in my SAWs have gone bad, i think the bearings are shot, so i need to replace them

2, polyurathane is alittle more forgiving then metal

I'm just seeing if there's any other hiem joint options out there.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drabnor said:
i'm with opp, why?

if the heim goes bad, replace it for $13.99
Damn... when i ordered the replacement metal hiem joints from Ryan @ SAWs, it cost me $30..... :mad:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
call up kartek (951)737-2999, the replacement heims are $13.99 each

the heim will last a whole lot longer than any bushing

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
TomTRD said:
Damn... when i ordered the replacement metal hiem joints from Ryan @ SAWs, it cost me $30..... :mad:
was that for both of them?

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DesertTRD said:
Why bother? look at the old fox/fabtech coilovers they had huge problems with it, i know I had a set with those problems.. they switched to heim for a reason..
I thought the Fabtech coilover problem was cause they used bad rubber joints and fixed it with polyurathane ones to original owners... then on the next gen from Fabtech they upgraded to metal hiem joints....?

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, that was $30 for both... so i guess that's not bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Urethane Heim Joints

The original shocks we manufactured for Fabtech had urethane bushings, same as the current Fabtech 2.0" made by Fox. I am not sure what hardness it is though. We do offer a urethane bushing kit which will work on any of our 2.0" or 2.5" shocks with a 5/8" hole. Urethane is only suggested for those of you who only drive on the street and do not offroad your truck. The only real advantage of urehtane is a less noisy ride. The down fall is it wears out very quikly, something like 10-15000 miles depending on how hard it is beat. The urethane conversion kit can be purchsed through Camburg Engineering
Part #52000-200 $10.99 per shock. You can also get the heim bearings part #56702-001 $13.99ea

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Ryan, that's the answer I was looking for!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts