TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, i made the final decision yesterday. i changed my major back to what it was originally. i have been in school the last year for middle school education. i wanted to be a social studies teacher. i was originally in a vocational tech school for 2 years of my highschool career for architecture and have always missed it fearing i couldnt do the required course work. well i almost dropped out of school all together last summer and tried again this past semester. i got all b's and realized anything is possible and i can do it if i try....and if its my money in the classes not momma and pops. needless to say, ive realized that i can accomplish the hard i just have to try. so i have taken it one step further and decided to finish with a degree in architecture. I love working with auto cad. well...just thought id tell the world!!! anyone have any advice...?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
If you are lucky enough to be working at something you love doing, then you have already found success. Stick with it...and good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
congrats, auto CAD is definately a sweet program, Since you like CAD, you should look into learning some 3D modeling programs like ProEngineer, they take it a step further by actaully rendering what you draw into a 3D shape, then you can do stress/strain analysis on the parts etc. It's real cool.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
byrdawg said:
well guys, i made the final decision yesterday. i changed my major back to what it was originally. i have been in school the last year for middle school education. i wanted to be a social studies teacher. i was originally in a vocational tech school for 2 years of my highschool career for architecture and have always missed it fearing i couldnt do the required course work. well i almost dropped out of school all together last summer and tried again this past semester. i got all b's and realized anything is possible and i can do it if i try....and if its my money in the classes not momma and pops. needless to say, ive realized that i can accomplish the hard i just have to try. so i have taken it one step further and decided to finish with a degree in architecture. I love working with auto cad. well...just thought id tell the world!!! anyone have any advice...?
Good stuff. The first time I went to school, and dropped out because I was more interested in partying, I was taking architecture. Wish I would've ended up going back for that in the end, instead I went with geology a few years later after I'd grown up enough to make the effort.

School is easy, all it takes is for one to do the work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Teaching school sucks so I would say that any change is good.

Except you choice in trucks. Go find a Dodge forum:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts