TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
realisticly when should i change my diff. fluids? power steering fluid?
the stealership reccomended maintenance is almost impossible to keep up with. any suggestions?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
I try to change my diff/tranny, coolant every year, or 15/30K
Pick an interval that works for you and your driving habits-
If you can't keep up with it- pay to have it done.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i change mine once a year. ....it's easy to remember that way and it keeps everything fresh.

if you're using synthetics, it's probably overkill to do it every year. ....but that's what i do.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I believe in the 24 month/25K rule. Whatever comes first. Better to spend 50 cents today insteal of $50 tomarrow

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
seriously..if you cant keep up with the recomended intervals how do you plan to keep your truck running if its really an "offroadcoma"...doing the shit we do means more maintainence sooner.

gsmsnuffy-you gotta come out to a local event soon!

mike

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
seriously..if you cant keep up with the recomended intervals how do you plan to keep your truck running if its really an "offroadcoma"...doing the shit we do means more maintainence sooner.

gsmsnuffy-you gotta come out to a local event soon!

mike
You are right. Depending on how we use our rigs should determine how offend we preform maintance. More people use there rigs less than 2% of there capacity. An example is; I use mine when I go home for deer and elk hunting each year. Besides that very rarely.
I'm trying to make arrangements to go to Calico in 2 weeks. It all depends on if I will be riding a ship that week or not. Also you have a thread about TBH Plaster city trip this weekend ? More info would be nice?
Tx's

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey miguel i didnt mean to make you cry. my "offroadcoma" is my "onroadcommuter" to its an 05 with 57k on it alright. sorry im not ballin outta control like some. but i will. and dont tell me to get a lil bucket to commute in. iwont do it. peace love and glocks.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
the stealership reccomended maintenance is almost impossible to keep up with. any suggestions?
Your statement above set the tone for all of the replies to follow-

Pay to have it done if you can't handle it yourself-

THe information is available from
the TECH FAQ -
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/index.php/Maintenance_Information

from Toyota-
http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guides.php

oh yeah- its probably included in that thing called the manual or maintenance book in the glove comp.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nextsubject....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts