TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this thread on th board, if someone has a real quick and basic writ-up my tranmission is having problems going into 1st so i think this might be a good solution, what is the fluid capacity??? what fluid should i use??
Thanks....i have a 97 v6 if it matters
Chris

·
Registered
650 Posts
The exact capacities and specs are listed in your owners manual... I use Mobil1 75w/90 for the tranny/xcase/diffs. Just open the fill hole, open the drain, let it all come out, plug the drain, then fill. Easiest maintenance you can do on your truck (other than changing the air filter!).

Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
mrbigbri said:
Just open the fill hole, open the drain, let it all come out, plug the drain, then fill. Easiest maintenance you can do on your truck (other than changing the air filter!).

Brian

make sure its in that order too.............it would suck if you got the drain open but not the fill :xcrybaby:

·
Registered
650 Posts
make sure its in that order too.............it would suck if you got the drain open but not the fill
You know it. You only make that mistake once. Damn stealerships like to get that 12mm allen hole nice and tight.

Brian

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
yota18 said:
I was reading this thread on th board, if someone has a real quick and basic writ-up my tranmission is having problems going into 1st so i think this might be a good solution, what is the fluid capacity??? what fluid should i use??
Chris
for the 5VZ-FE the MT capacity is 2.3 qt for the 4x4 and 2.7 qt for the 2x4.

mine's a 99, but i believe they're the same. check your manual just to be sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yota18 said:
Chris
I 2nd the Redline MT-90 for the tranny and transfer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Bassmaster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing