TTORA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a set of tube doors for my 88 4R (its an SR5). How much of a pain is it to disconnect/reconnect all of the electrical in the doors?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
If it's like my '93, it's a PITA. All the wires come straight through the door and plug into the switch in the armrest. The plug on the other end is back behind the heater controls and bunch of other crap.

If you want to take them off for wheeling, I would highly recommend splicing in some connectors where you can get to them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My 84 4Runner doesn't have any wires :D No power anything or even speakers in the doors.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Russel - I think yours is like the others on this thread and it is easy to do. Troy and I however have PITA doors! Let us know if ya need help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys - thanks for all the ideas. Yeah, this was my first post - what a dumbass...the doors were easy. I got the Haines manual soon after the post not the greatest - but helps those less mechanically inclined...

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Less Mechanically inclined says the VW technician....? :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh yeah... rub it in! This pic was after having to cut the bundle of like 15 wires in order to install the new door... AND we still have not reconnected all of them... so my locks and window on that door doesn;t work (But at least I have a window - unlike the door I replaced....)

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Russel - I think yours is like the others on this thread and it is easy to do.
Molly,I didnt post in here yet. My doors have been off for over a month now:saw:

Rock doors coming soon:welder:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I need to i know but i kinda like my truck like my girls...a bit more back there.lol The 7foot bed will come in handy once i do my soft topper sleeper idea.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Especially when you have said girl back there...

·
Registered
4,770 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts