TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, usually I can get these things off if I can get a flat head screw driver to help break the seal. I'm trying to remove the heater hose from the back of the 3.4 block.

Let's hear some ideas that don't include pulling the damn motor again.

whatcha got?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
use pliers grab and twist. I have seen people cut a slit in them too...I rather just grab and twist. Dont pinch it too much or you will crush the part its connecting to

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Looks like these Jackals have been a buttload of help there Doug! :D

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gee hadn't thought of that :rolleyes:

guess I should have said I already tried the obvious. I can barely get my hand on the damn thing and it didn't budge. There's no room for tools (pliers, screw driver, etc) which is why I posted looking for little tricks not a dozen people pointing out the obvious. :banghead:

Any others besides the cut a slit idea?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
eh.... cut the slit and get another hose....

long needlenose pliers holding a utility knife blade....

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
There are some super-special pliers that are made for those "bitch clamps"... they have a cable-actuated clamp and aren't too spendy (plus I have some to rent) and they work oh so nice.

>>Dan

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting the clamp off wasn't the problem. Getting the rubber hose to break free of the tube is. I think I got it covered tho. There's about 3 other things I need to pull the motor for, so I'll just add this to the list.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Just a quick note. You will have to move it around the hose a few times to loosen the stuck on rubber. Then you should be able to hook it under, and pull it off. However, on old, dried out hoses, there is a good possibility that the hose will tear some, and be unusable.

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh.. a seal puller looks similar, but has a tendency to rip the hose and then the wiring harness looms near by. :banghead:

Luckily, I didn't rip any of the wires, they would have been a real bitch to patch back together back there.

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup. and now i know what needs to be modified for it to go back on and connect to the 85 heater controller thingy.

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heh, might as well have been. Toyota wants $40 for that damn thing. Definitely did NOT want to rip it, cut it, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts