TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Steve Hanson a Chaplain from Racers For Christ/Rockcrawlers For Christ www.teamrfc.org you may have seen me at a number of competitions from Rockcrawling, Desert Racing to Drag Racing. Anytime you see a RFC Chaplain please grab them and introduce yourself; ask for a sticker and when/where Chapel will be. We always love to meet another racers/enthusiast.

From time to time I am asked what a chaplain even is or what I do at the track. In its most basic form, a chaplain is a missionary who is taking “the church” to the people instead of bringing people to “the church.” As a Chaplain, I am a missionary whose mission field is a racetrack, rock pile or desert racecourse. It has been laid on my heart to share the Gospel to both the saved and unsaved involved in motorsports and have God’s Word penetrate their hearts and to take action with their lives for Him. It is not about the cars/trucks or the adrenalin that comes from racing, but about being invited to be an extension of people’s lives, to plant and nourish God’s seed in their hearts and answer God’s call on my life. A touch at the track goes a long way in making this happen.

When I'm not at a motorsport competition I'm out in the SoCal ocean trimming along the face of a wave with my toes on the nose hanging loose.

God Speed,
Steve Hanson
Chaplain
Racers For Christ
[email protected]

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
that's interesting. never heard of that concept before.

anyways, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Right on, good to see and I hope God blesses your work!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Me too :lmao:

Your buddy is a moron, it took me 2 minutes.
LOL i hardly even knew him, just someone i hung out with a few times

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Last few years I have run into a bunch of us at weddings. It is funny to show our cards and grin! No one lets me do their wedding. Good, because I might not be able to hold back.
I'm also an ordained minister and I have done a couple weddings, just never a straight one. Marriage is a beautiful thing, regardless of the sex of the couple.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have never done any, of any combination, and would but I do not think folks look to me as one who would make a good start for them! :D
The trick is not letting the groom find out what you did to the bride before they met and you're golden.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts