TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was talked about during the pres change over, and after looking at other chapters and going through the change over I feel it is a position that can help our club greatly in the future. It will help spread the load, and greatly smooth transitions for the pres position. With that said I would like to see Jay take on this position unless there is a huge opposition to it. He has been involved in almost all of the planning and brainstorming that has gone on since I have become Pres and I cannt think of a better person for the role. He has already said he is ok with taking on the role so with that said welcome to the useless title club Jay!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Works for me!

Might want to use SN as well for those who might not be as into the club.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If my opinion means anything,
I see both sides of this,,,
One, if its not broken, dont fix it.... do most here think this place/site/club/forum (what you want to call it) is working well ?

Second, if you go with a VP, if that person is buddy buddy with the Pres, that will cause issues later, Im not sure who to explain what I mean, but if you have two people in charge, that they both want the same thing or are buddy buddy, no matter what the members want, the two in charge being buddy buddy, will get thier way, (expecially when money is involved) reguardless of what the members want,, now, Im in NO way,, saying that the current Pres will do that, not even close. Just saying that power goes to some peoples head.

all that being said, IMHO this is now a pretty good site, no need to change things, I think its running smooth, I dont post much, but do check in most everyday.

·
7,735 Posts
Ric's post isn't wrong, but I don't consider it applicable in this case. There's nothing we do that is so controversial that would require a 'balance of power'. Do we really need to opposing points of view to figure out if we're going to pick up trash or run a particular trail?

that said, I really see the need for a VP, but whatever. Jay's a good candidate.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
sounds like a great idea to me.... good luck jay lol

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I second the nomination! On to other business.:p

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Ric you make a great point. However, I plan to do absolutely as little as possible in a VP role. Yes, im a very active member of this club, I wheel, go to meet and greets when I can ect, and thats not going to change. but I dont want to HAVE to do anything vice presidentially. so if ike dies tragically on his motorcycle Ill be the one to step up as pres or set up elections for the next pres. beyond that I see little to no point to my title. I guess its something I can put on a resume or something :D (they always like leadership experience)

so like I said to my last girlfriend, keep wheelin out of politics, and keep politics out of wheelin, now go make me a sandwich. (Disclaimer: the last part does not apply directly to the forum or its members :p)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ric you make a great point. However, I plan to do absolutely as little as possible in a VP role. Yes, im a very active member of this club, I wheel, go to meet and greets when I can ect, and thats not going to change. but I dont want to HAVE to do anything vice presidentially. so if ike dies tragically on his motorcycle Ill be the one to step up as pres or set up elections for the next pres. beyond that I see little to no point to my title. I guess its something I can put on a resume or something :D (they always like leadership experience)

so like I said to my last girlfriend, keep wheelin out of politics, and keep politics out of wheelin, now go make me a sandwich. (Disclaimer: the last part does not apply directly to the forum or its members :p)
:rofl: the sandwich part,,,, the other, sounds great :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well stated good sir.... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts