TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to start the truck yesterday completely dead. Not sure why. No problem pull out a charger jump it and everything looks good. let it warm up/charge for 10 mins hop in drive away....drives fine. Today same thing. I jump start it check cables, grounds, idle etc. looks normal. I let it run about 20 mins then jump in and the minute i touch the brake pedal it immediately cuts off completely dead. Jump it a few more times and each time i test parking lights, windows, locks etc. any use of anything immediately shuts the car off. Also the battery gauge is pretty far over to the right while it runs and stays there. It is a 2 year old interstate 65 month batt, on the original charging system with 85k on it. Is this an alternator, starter, battery, issue? I dont have a multimeter right now so any suggestions as to the cause?

·
Registered
138 Posts
first thing i would do is check the battery.... you can go to and advance/autozone, and they will check both the battery and alternator while its in the car..
i do it about 50 times a day...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
x2 for battery - that's how my last one went. Good one day, pretty much nothin the next. I think maybe a loose pos battery terminal may have led to the demise of the battery...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Battery

It sounds like a battery problem, have it tested or just take it back for warranty replacement. After you put a new battery in, test the alternator.

·
Registered
358 Posts
check the battery, I had one displace a plate (inside it) and do that exact thing. They checked it, warrantied it, and I was on my way in a few minutes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery crapped out. problem solved. pulled battery out of other truck and all is good. Should be able to warranty. Thanks for the insight guys......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts