TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chaz, take some rebound out of your rear shocks they should drop out alot faster than that. 3-4 turns out on the rebound tube should do it. That or it's full droop, if that's the case then forget what I said!
Hey Tim, good call, but I backed all the rebound out of it 2 trips ago. The plan is to revalve the rebound side of those massive 3.0 beasts before Chaz gets too jiggy with his new spindles on there. Oh yeah, full droop is 17" so unless he goes huge he won't be using all of it until we speed up the rebound some more! lol

Thanks,

Tim :welder:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah as slow as it's dropping out now I'm surprised it's not packing up worse and putting him on his front bumper.

I looked on fox's website, put a #30 stack with all .008 shims and the bypass tube about half way and see how it rides.
Ha ha Tim, Sounds like you know yer shit! I was just telling Chaz last weekend that .008 shims is what we usually end up with for rebound on most leaf sprung trucks.

As soon as Chaz can afford shims, we will revalve and try to post another video.

Tim:welder:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Ha ha Tim, Sounds like you know yer shit! I was just telling Chaz last weekend that .008 shims is what we usually end up with for rebound on most leaf sprung trucks.

As soon as Chaz can afford shims, we will revalve and try to post another video.

Tim:welder:
I have been around desert trucks a while and have tuned my trucks and a few friends. I have yet to see a leaf sprung truck use anything more than a .008 on rebound in any shock manufacturer. Now Links on the other hand get a little tricky with the size of shocks, link geometry and spring rate.

Looking good Tim, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Chaz what did you hit to bend the spindle? Do you have or can you take any pics of the bent spindle? I am curious to see where the weak spot is since Camburg is taking over manufacturing them. If they haven't added their own gusseting to this weak area i think i will be getting the Chaos spindles.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I bent both of them in the same spot, theres a cut out on the back of the spindle that is the weak point. the Camburg and TC spindles are both awesome its just whatever you want to spend on spindles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Tim, good call, but I backed all the rebound out of it 2 trips ago. The plan is to revalve the rebound side of those massive 3.0 beasts before Chaz gets too jiggy with his new spindles on there. Oh yeah, full droop is 17" so unless he goes huge he won't be using all of it until we speed up the rebound some more! lol

Thanks,

Tim :welder:
Hey Tim welcome to TTORA

Geo-Dave

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Hey Tim welcome to TTORA

Geo-Dave

did we meet at lucerne?

your truck looks familiar. I think i followed behind you and you got to see my tacoma's rear buck when going from rockpile back towards the entrance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
did we meet at lucerne?

your truck looks familiar. I think i followed behind you and you got to see my tacoma's rear buck when going from rockpile back towards the entrance.
Ya I think so I got the only Taco that Peruns w/ a shell. Last weekends race was out of hand at "The Wall" - end over end flips, wheels fly'in off and a dusted 30 pack.
You guys have some fantastic trucks DMZ - keeps step'in it up!!
Geo-Dave

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
yea we were talking about the grey wire mod for a while. Really liked your front set up on your rig!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm so poor right now, all I do is goto work and come home. its so shitty

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Off Road Expo is this weekend at the in Pamona fair grounds - Hide your CC there are Killer deals and a lot of EYE CANDY!!!

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
im with chaz on thsi one, still going, but broke. Bet theres going to be alot of nice things i cant afford......................like one piece fiberglass hoods/fenders

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
About this Discussion
73 Replies
38 Participants
HawkEng
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing