TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my bedbar only has 1 thing going across, I recommend 2 spaced about 6" apart to minimize tire wobble-age while wheeling. I did this because I was tired of my spare doing whatever the hell it wanted to, plus I can still slide things underneath the tire.

·
Registered
77 Posts
generalee7 said:
While my bedbar only has 1 thing going across, I recommend 2 spaced about 6" apart to minimize tire wobble-age while wheeling. I did this because I was tired of my spare doing whatever the hell it wanted to, plus I can still slide things underneath the tire.
Instead of adding a second bar I would say to add under the bar a spacer of about 4 inches or so. That way you can have easier access to the crank portion of the winch with the tire iron. at the bottom of the 4 inch spacer a flat plate.

or with the double bar setup just put some 4 inch lower extensions on there and run a plate inbetween.

just my :2cents:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
valkyrie said:
What makes this a great mod is the re-use of the old tire winch. I would have never thought of it! Good job...:)
Thanks Chris, there were just a few things I would've rather done. I think when I make a new bedbar, it'll be a double round tube one. :D

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jjrambo said:
Instead of adding a second bar I would say to add under the bar a spacer of about 4 inches or so. That way you can have easier access to the crank portion of the winch with the tire iron. at the bottom of the 4 inch spacer a flat plate.

or with the double bar setup just put some 4 inch lower extensions on there and run a plate inbetween.

just my :2cents:
I don't even use the stock crank that came with the truck, a screwdriver works fine!

·
Registered
77 Posts
generalee7 said:
I don't even use the stock crank that came with the truck, a screwdriver works fine!
good point I guess, but that's just how i would do it. I do like the idea none the less. But seeing as I am more apt to have a lowerd truck I'll never be diong something like that unless I finally start making the cash I want to and can afford to have more than one good toy.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That is an awesome idea! does it put stress on the bed rails though when the tire moves around?

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
generalee7 said:

slick idea ;)
I would still come up with something under the tire to keep it tight to the bed or you may wind up ripping that bed bar right off during some crazy wheeling
(not that you drive like Dale or anything ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts