TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering why wont these fit a 1995 tacoma 4x4???? 2.5 front lift kit
I wanted a cheap lift and was thinking of adjustable shackles in the rear and some kind of spacer lift in the front probably. Would these spacers work and would they give me any trouble at all? Im only 16 and I am a newb I admit. Thanks.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Those are probably the crappiest things on the planet, but yes, they are cheap.

If spacers are all you need and all you can afford, at least call Doug at Toytech and get aluminum. Poly has a short lifespan.

You will find that if you shop with your wallet first, you usually end up spending more in the long run to redo your purchasing mistakes, so buy the best you can for what you need.

Like most things in life, things that seem relatively expensive are usually pretty good. Better to save up and buy quality than seek instant gratification by buying junk just because you have the moeny in your pocket now. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Why even fuck with spacers......just save your money till you can afford some ome's......or watch for some cheap used ones in the classifieds.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Hey!
He's a new guy... That's why he's asking. We just need to educate him. I ran (ToyTec) spacers for 2 years until I could afford my Donahoes. I never had any problems with my spacers. I didn't have the best wheel travel, but I'm glad I did it the way I did.

Jpen2008 - if you want a good inexpensive lift, go with www.toyteclifts.com
I would suggest the ToyTec 3" Pro Deluxe 1000 lift kit, or the ToyTec/OME 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL. Both of these kits will run you right at $300, but you will get more than your money's worth out of either of those kits.

:shame: PLEASE DO NOT BUY THAT CRAPPY LIFT OFF OF eBAY! :shame:​

·
Registered
328 Posts
I spent a year on a revtek kit, now I am on hoe's and OME dakar rear leaf paks, don't forget the price of shocks also....J

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
Hey!
He's a new guy... That's why he's asking. We just need to educate him. I ran (ToyTec) spacers for 2 years until I could afford my Donahoes. I never had any problems with my spacers. I didn't have the best wheel travel, but I'm glad I did it the way I did.

Jpen2008 - if you want a good inexpensive lift, go with www.toyteclifts.com
I would suggest the ToyTec 3" Pro Deluxe 1000 lift kit, or the ToyTec/OME 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL. Both of these kits will run you right at $300, but you will get more than your money's worth out of either of those kits.

:shame: PLEASE DO NOT BUY THAT CRAPPY LIFT OFF OF eBAY! :shame:​

I responded like I did becauuse he wanted advise......so that is what I gave him........and by doing just what I told him I was into my OME lift for less than 300$.......and I had a hell of a lot better setup than spacers......I was not being an ass......just giving him something to think about.

·
Registered
328 Posts
valkyrie said:
wow- how'd the kid get banned after 3 posts?
Hmmmmmm? strange!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
??????? Jpen2008

Hey, this is Jpen2008. Thanks for everyones help Ill end up saving my money. Also thanks for the minimal flaming I apreciate it hahah.

By the way i got banned because of a post i had posted. A lil while ago i purchased new pedals I think it was and with it came a mini catalog with a coupon for 10% off on a certain website. So I posted in the good deals/freebies section saying email me and Ill give the code to the first person. The next day i checked the post and some guy had changed my link so it said bull shit and spam instead of the link and then he posted moron. I changed it back and explained I was 16 and just trying to give it away and that Im not affiliated w/ the site thhe coupon was from so in no way it was spam. I also posted the code so anyone could have it to prove its not Bullshit. But idk. Was I wrong in posting the coupon????????? Thanks again for the help you guys.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
good job kid. ive said some dumb shit on here and never managed it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
haha. yeah idk. i guess i was out of place. I still dont see how i got banned. somoeone could of sent me a message and warned me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but Procomp lifts are decent (for spacers) and realitively cheap. Given they are still spacers and might or might not give you problems later on.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
A spacer is a spacer.

The two main differences are:

1. The material they are made out of: plastic or metal.
2. Whether they are top-out spacers or not. This determines whether the spacers are going to destroy just your spring or destroy other components with it.

You will have better results of you keep it on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts