TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a cheap place to get some tires mounted and balanced in the Austin area? Picked up some used tires to get me through the year and play a little on the trails but Discount wanted $150 to mount and balance them. Was looking for something much more cost effective since they only cost me that much.

thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
Any little used tire shop in Austin and they will negotiate.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry, one more step, to break the bead just get out the high lift and jack up the truck with the bottom end as close to the bead as possible. It may require turning the tire a 3rd at a time to accomplish this on the inside. I know, (smart ass), a lot of work, but I'm a cheap ass and like to diy.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
if you were in SA id mount em for free for you.

Note, I work at discount tire in the forum if anyone ever needs this done.
oh man I wish I knew this before lol...good heads up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Anybody know a cheap place to get some tires mounted and balanced in the Austin area? Picked up some used tires to get me through the year and play a little on the trails but Discount wanted $150 to mount and balance them. Was looking for something much more cost effective since they only cost me that much.

thanks
I go to the Pit Stop in Granger.. on 95. North of Taylor....

5.00, mount and balance....

they also smoked Discount's price on new wheels and tires for my 5th wheel. About 300.00 less than Discount; AND discount had issues ordering the wheels I wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts