TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i searched lookin for ways to do this but didnt find any i thought were worth the time or the money i wanted to invest. i got sum 6 1/2 door speakers for my b-day to replace the old factory ones and then i started to intalled them i noticed the mounts for the 6 1/2 on factory are offset outside of the aftermarket mounting ring. so i went to tractor supply and got sum 22 gauge sheet metal in a small sheet (5 bucks). cut out an outline of the facoty speaker and then the inside of the aftermarket. used the foam padding off the factory speaker to put between the new speaker and plate. screwed speaker 2 plate. screwed plate to facoty mount and i was done. it took a lil while do the guess and check for the first one but the 2nd was easy i just used the first as a stencil.

·
Registered
713 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
i searched lookin for ways to do this but didnt find any i thought were worth the time or the money i wanted to invest. i got sum 6 1/2 door speakers for my b-day to replace the old factory ones and then i started to intalled them i noticed the mounts for the 6 1/2 on factory are offset outside of the aftermarket mounting ring. so i went to tractor supply and got sum 22 gauge sheet metal in a small sheet (5 bucks). cut out an outline of the facoty speaker and then the inside of the aftermarket. used the foam padding off the factory speaker to put between the new speaker and plate. screwed speaker 2 plate. screwed plate to facoty mount and i was done. it took a lil while do the guess and check for the first one but the 2nd was easy i just used the first as a stencil.

Thats an ass kikin idea good call...

Aaron

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if anybody needs them i can get them a stencil and dimensions. also i can get pics if needed.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
if anybody needs them i can get them a stencil and dimensions. also i can get pics if needed.
If you could, send them my way also.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good job Parchman. How do they sound? I hadn't heard from you in a while, sorry about the other weekend man, but some stuff came up and I had to get my new wheels put on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

sorry guys my net has been down for a week or so... dad has digital camera sumwhere so i just drawed this in paint sorry for the wait, if u got any question let me know....

-red lines are outline of homemade plate
-green is original mounting hole
-black dotes are original mounting screw holes
-yellow is 6.5 speaker
-round black dotes are 6.5 mounting holes

the size of plate will vary in proportion of sketchthe only part of plate actually visible will be the tabs where the screws will go in the old holes

·
Registered
116 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
Could you e-mail me the dimensions/diagram for that plate? I couldn't make the numbers out on the small pic. My e-mail is bronor.at.gmail.com.
Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
take some snips and cut the plastic mount in the door, thats what i did, worked fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts