TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a diagnostic test done and they said the cause of the light was a bad oxygen sensor. They said it was on the left front and bank 1. Any help to where this is located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
a code for an o2 sensor does not mean a bad o2 sensor. it can, but it can also mean other things. bad injector? plug wire? misfire, etc.....

·
Registered
892 Posts
I had a diagnostic test done and they said the cause of the light was a bad oxygen sensor. They said it was on the left front and bank 1. Any help to where this is located?
What truck are you driving? What year & how many miles?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Has anything been done to the truck like aftermarket Airfilter (K&N etc) cause that could be your culprit. Cause the Bank 1 code can mean alot of things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck just hit 100k. It's an 01 tacoma v6 4x4. The light was on when I bought the truck, but since I've added a flowmaster and k&n.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Ok more than likely you have a dirty MAF sensor. Take apart the intake tube, and take off the filter and spray both side of the MAF with a little electronic parts cleaner and then put it all back together. Get the code erased and see if that didn't take care of it. You can get the cleaner at most parts stores (autozone, advanced)

Next time you clean the Air filter go a little easier on the reoiling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts