TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks I am Eric Clark with the Ohio chapter. I currently have the job of taking care of the website www.ohttora.org. If you would like to have me add your information to the members list page please e-mail me at [email protected]. Some of the information I am looking for is Name, Age, Occupation, Location, Interest, Off-road experience, Your Toyota's Make, Model, Year, and Modifications please feel free to add more information. Also please check in with us put a simple post in reply to this thread telling us a little about your self and check in so we know your are around, and we can get a better idea of how many we have from Ohio here.

Edit to add my info: I am from Oberlin Ohio

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
'02 taco (info on webpage)
Cambridge area (original from warren area)

Southern Regional Director...

wellsville is my fav place to ride/wheel...
if any of you have bikes or quads, I am looking for lots of people to ride with

later
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello. I'm Kevin.

I am 36, married, with a seven year old daughter. We live in Huntsburg, Ohio, which is located in Geauga County.

I am an electrician in the IBEW, and I usually run commercial and industrial jobs in the Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula county areas.

When I'm not repairing it :rolleyes: , I drive an '85 pickup, pretty much stock. It's a daily driver, and I can't afford to have it out of commission long, so the mods will stay simple and the wheeling will be light.

Most of my wheeling experience has been in local fields, woods, and along the powerlines, although most places no longer allow it due to a few select morons that screwed it up for the rest of us. :(

Oh, and here's my Toy, complete with it's custom, 100% Locust, hillbilly wood bed. :missingto

The ladder rack will be back on shortly. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
SuperPoser said:
curious, since they had different '85 versions... is yours the solid front axle and fuel injected 2.4L?

later

Mike
It's a solid front axle, but it's not fuel injected -- standard 22r, five-speed G52 tranny, 4.10 gears, and manual aisin hubs.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Hi, my name is Jed, I'm 22. I'm an Electrical Engineer for Rockwell Automation out of Cleveland. I'm from Hubbard, Ohio originally. I've been into 4x4s pretty much my whole life, I also ride my xr250 alot. I don't have much off road experience <never had the resources> but I'd love to learn. I just bought a 2004 Tacoma extended cab 4x4. It's an SR5 with TRD package. I just finished putting on an OME 3" lift from ToyTec last weekend and am now in the market for tires to top off the package.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Howdy Jed,

Where do you ride your xr?
I've got a ktm 200sx... I rode shanango bay view orv park often in the 90's... only been there a handfull of times the past couple years, they have really shrunk the riding area.

so what school did you attend? what do you do for rockwell?
I've done a lot of business with Winkle Electric in youngstown, and my current employer uses McNaughton McKay for all our AB stuff...

later
Mike

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
gimemoore said:
It's a solid front axle, but it's not fuel injected -- standard 22r, five-speed G52 tranny, 4.10 gears, and manual aisin hubs.
nice! I had an '86 4runner, wish it was an 85 with the solid front...
I locked the front diff and blew it up the diff rock crawling...lol

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
SuperPoser said:
Howdy Jed,

Where do you ride your xr?
I've got a ktm 200sx... I rode shanango bay view orv park often in the 90's... only been there a handfull of times the past couple years, they have really shrunk the riding area.

so what school did you attend? what do you do for rockwell?
I've done a lot of business with Winkle Electric in youngstown, and my current employer uses McNaughton McKay for all our AB stuff...

later
Mike
My family owns property in UpperHillVille, PA near West Monterey. There also used to be some nice trails by my house, but someone bought all the property and turned it into a hairscrambles track that is gated. My brother and I have been trying to find new places to go. We went to the Allegahny national forest this past summer, that was a blast. I'd really like to find some places to wheel my truck, but since have virtually no experience off road (with a truck) I really need to go with more experienced people.

I went to The Ohio State University. I am currently finishing up training for Rockwell and will be located in Toledo as a Field Service Engineer.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
sweet,

I graduated from YSU in EE. My last job was a service engineer. It's a lot of fun! you get to travel just about every day, and it is always something different...
I've ridden rocky gap several times, and have been by the marienville loops (but never rode them)

when it warms up a bit, we should hit wellsville... it's a fun with trucks, and even more fun on bikes...

goodluck with your training

Mike

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Sweet sounds like a plan. Hopefully I will be getting my tires here in about 2 weeks, Then I should be set. I was thinking about some armor and a CB. I need to keep the truck in good shape since it is my DD and my only vehicle. Do you have any other tips of things I should get to prepare for my first outing?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Recovery equipment! Recovery strap (not a tow strap - need it to stretch) is a must.

They make hooks or shackle holders that go in your receiver hitch that make a nice rear attachment point. A couple shackles are nice in case we need to attach straps together.

Sliders (rocker panel armor) are just about a "must" if you want to wheel and don't want body damage. The factory bumpers provide some protection, but aftermarket will be better and provide better approach and departure angles.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Sliders (rocker panel armor) are just about a "must" if you want to wheel and don't want body damage.
damage can always happen, even with sliders...

reason street queens wheel at malls...

·
Registered
610 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Recovery equipment! Recovery strap (not a tow strap - need it to stretch) is a must.

They make hooks or shackle holders that go in your receiver hitch that make a nice rear attachment point. A couple shackles are nice in case we need to attach straps together.

Sliders (rocker panel armor) are just about a "must" if you want to wheel and don't want body damage. The factory bumpers provide some protection, but aftermarket will be better and provide better approach and departure angles.
don't forget the propane grill!!! :D

1 - 20 of 343 Posts