TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Money tree finally bloomed. :rolleyes: :D NOT!

Check out this bad boy. Should be fun. :xsmokin1: :xpimp:

22re
toy front and rear axles
tiny 37" crappy krawlers :p
blah, blah, blah

I'm building a standalone 22re wiring harness for this bad boy.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's not really mine guys. I like sheet metal to much to get a buggy. Buggies take all the fun out of off-roading. Plus I'm toooo cheap. :D

I'm just wiring the 22re up for the guy. I'm building a complete standalone harness for the 22re's.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This I need. My truck could go on a serious weight loss plan if it weren't for all the wiring. I wouldn't be as worried about rain water etc either.
Do you have a buggy or do you just want to clean up a truck?

·
Registered
57 Posts
easy greg don't get to attached :)

it is all toyota for you die hard toy guys. SBC offroad in gainesville has done all the work and I can duplicate the chassis for anyone who wants to build a buggy with toy drivetrain. hopefully i will have the buggy back soon from greg soon so if you are in the area stop by the shop and check it out.

shop info:

SBC Offroad
2335 thompson bridge rd.
gainesville, ga 30501

some build pics

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Scottie don't put the heep hood on it, at least get a FJ hood. That's ruins the damn thing and gives it bad luck!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Figured I'd update with some wiring pictures.

Best way to stay up all night:

Getting everything ready:

Lots of splices later. :D About 50% or 60% done. Hope to be done in a day or so.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is it really as fun as it looks?
:D

It's a lot of thinking work. On the older vehicles Toyota used the same color wire for different things so it takes some wire tracing and labeling to figure out what does what.

Plus different systems activate and deactivate different systems and the ECU puts power and also creates ground for different systems so all that has to be figured out also.

Good clean fun! :xsmokin1:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's not a very good place to mount the computer!! I would at least place it where water and flying rocks from the tires won't damage it - maybe the guy's going to wrap it in teflon or build a box around it - Just an observation - not a critisizm !!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's not a very good place to mount the computer!! I would at least place it where water and flying rocks from the tires won't damage it - maybe the guy's going to wrap it in teflon or build a box around it - Just an observation - not a critisizm !!
I have no idea on the plan, it was there when I got the buggy. The engine harness doesn't allow much movement now so it's going to stay there.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts